Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By rcdel239
#256630 Hey forum here with another question with a hopeful answer from you guys.
so my car is lowered on springs not coilovers. Ive noticed that the upper side of my tires always seem to be somewhat tilted in but i thought it was just me. next thing you know popped tire. as i look both my front tires wasted down to the thread.
buddies tell me stock cambers cant handle how low the car is so they tell me to buy adjustable cambers to align the tires.
as i look i see two different types of adjustable front cambers.ones that look the the regular arm on my civic now but with an adjustable thing in the middle and another set thats like a sqaure looking thing with some screw and lug nut thing going on.

so my question is do i need the adjustable cambers and if so which of those two forms. other hints and tips and better suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ps i am kinda on a tight budget so pocket friendly suggestions would be awesome
By rcdel239
#256660 i did read it but i still cant understand why only my inner part of the tire wore out while the pretty much the whole rest was almost like new
By 92civic_vx
#256671 the toe is out of spec. after you lowered it did u get it aligned?
By poorman type-r
#256672 When you lower your car you need to go get the alignment done, suggested to get a camber kit so your tire doesn't wear the way it does. Im guessing you must've slammed the shit out of it? Just learn from the mistake. Sucks it happened.
By Greasedmonkey
#256690 The inside edge of your tire was eaten up because the toe was horribly out of spec.

I suggest you get a proper alignment this time after you get new tires. You do not need to get a camber kit. You can get one if it will make you sleep better at night though.
By rcdel239
#256812 no i didnt slam it. i learned from a preivous ride that slamming it is a no.

also you guys mentioning the toe. what is it where is it and what you mean out of spec ?
By AutoXCivic
#256834 Your toe angle is like camber but on a different axis. If you are looking down at the tires / \ That is toe in ... \ / that is toe out (front of the car is at the top of the page). It's how much the tire deviates from the center line of the chassis. Now remember those angles there are from a birds eye view looking directly down at the tires, not looking at them head on (that would be camber).

Having too much toe in (usually) eats the ever living hell out of the inside edge (about 1 inch or so) of your tires. This is NOT a camber wear issue. If it was camber wear it would be a nice even gradient from the inside edge out. The inside would be more worn, but it wouldn't be bald while the rest of the tire still looks pretty good.
By jayEGR
rcdel239 wrote:no i didnt slam it. i learned from a preivous ride that slamming it is a no.

also you guys mentioning the toe. what is it where is it and what you mean out of spec ?

you have to mess with the tie rod and the upper control arms in the front ,
skunk2 upper control arms come stock with camber adjustments,(i even want them )but its a good suggestion on keeping your ware also out . they also come for the rear to .

but the whole toe and camber has to be done on alignment rack to re-adjust like the boys said , :thumb:
By rcdel239
#256857 yeah i do have a toe in then.
so after all adjustable upper arms would be helpful.
anymore ideas guys i love the feedback and help