Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By ecastro8
#252464 well some people say its my suspensions others say its cuz my wheels arent alligned i just wanted to know for sure why r my wheels hitting the edges inside the car when i do turns so it wastes my tire from the inside and pops lol so i just wanted to know wat to fix sorry im noob lol
By teal_dx
#252465 it could be a lot of things...

It could be the size of your tires (too tall or wide)

It could be the width or offset of your wheels. Too high of an offset can lead to rubbing on the inside, especially with wider tires.

Let us know the size of your wheels & tires :thumb:
By ghskid06
#252466 so when you say edges....
what are you refering to?
Your frame? fenders?
what size wheels do you have?
are you lowered?
how much are you lowered?
By ecastro8
#252470 yea sorry its lowered not really sure how much never checked it um tire wise its 205/40z 17inch and it is hitting the inside of the frame haha i feel dumb but never checked it and im sure it is probably a 1-2 inch drop i bought the car as is
By ecastro8
#252471 i will post a pic up to show u guys where it is hitting
By ghskid06
#252472 Its the rims. Does it only do it when you turn too sharp?
By ecastro8
#252474 yea wen i do really sharp turns i can hear it scrape
By hambone089
#252476 Sounds like a case of rims too big and springs too low. Have you had the car aligned since you set it up that way? I doubt it would help the rubbing much, but maybe. If you did the suspension work and just put those rims and tires on the alignment would be way out. Whether it fixes it ot not, alignments are cheap and usually good for a year. And i always feel so much happier driving afterwards :thumb:
By ecastro8
#252477 yea i was going to do it this weekend so that is wat i was thinkin rims to big and springs to low so this weekend ima just align the wheels and fix suspension i hope it works i hate blowing tires lol but thanks you guys if any more sugestions please say so i can have more ideas lol thanks