Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By newbie101
#251236 Hey guys. My current stock suspension has nearly 160k on it. It has developed a sort of clunking sound when I brake or turn right. I figured since the OEM stuff is in need of replacing, if I can afford it why not upgrade!

This all depends on how much money I get from scholarships for college in the fall. Obviously if I get none then all my money will have to go towards that and I'll just go stock replacement :x :x :x

On to the important part :lol:

I want to use my car for TRACK/DAILY with about 70% being daily driving. My ideal setup based on my research and goals is koni yellows w/ ground control coilovers for adjustable dampening AND height so I don't destroy my car on public roads. If I end up not being able to afford this setup, what would you all suggest? I realize you want to avoid stock shocks and springs for the most part. My research has not really yielded many other combinations that stand out as fantastic to me aside from the one above. Tein full-bodied coilovers seem good but for the most part still seem expensive.

Feel free to post pictures of your set up if you want, For the record I have a sedan.

I HAVE READ low-tec_derbo's write up on suspension and the thread with pictures of hatches lowered and their setups. Please don't direct me to them, I have looked into all of those setups.

Lastly, I don't want to slam it. Performance is the ultimate goal here.

Sorry for all my novels of posts. THANKS FOR READING! :thumb: :thumb: