Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By PaPaSmURf
#248170 want my daily driver to be slammed. Not trying to race with it or anything. just want springs with stock struts. I wanna keep it all stock but just want the slammed look.
-Thanks
By teal_dx
#248177 I say if you're going to take the time to do it, do it right :thumb:
but if you don't mind bad ride quality and only care about it looking slammed, then go for it.
By PaPaSmURf
#248187 what springs are good with the stock shocks i have tein luxury spring all around but car looks stock
By eghatch2160
#248199 Id go ksport. iv got em at all 4 corners and they are great.
By teal_dx
#248200 stock struts were engineered for stock ride height. when you slam a car on them it is almost guaranteed they will leak/blow which means your ride will bounce like a hoopty and not be firm.
By PaPaSmURf
#248201 i might just get some cheap coilovers what do you guys think ?
By ImThaBean
#248209 I have some H&R sport springs on stock shocks. Came installed from P.O. The shocks are past gone, I'm sitting on the springs basically. The firm springs don't hop around like a lowrider, they are actually pretty stiff. The only thing that gets me is that if you hit uneven roads or holes etc. you will feel them.
By PaPaSmURf
#248214 thats not too bad i always try to move away from potholes
By Gustavo
teal_dx wrote:stock struts were engineered for stock ride height. when you slam a car on them it is almost guaranteed they will leak/blow which means your ride will bounce like a hoopty and not be firm.

Yep bounce like a hoopty. It's horrible my friend has coilovers over his stock struts n u gonna bounce.
By ghskid06
#248219 well how much you are going to bounce depends on the springs too. Yes your going to blow your stock shocks out very quickly. But also you are going to bounce a lot more with thinner springs than with thicker ones, put simply.
By CamperCarl
#248542 Rocking KYB GR2/Excel Shocks with Ebay (Red and Black) Coil Over Sleaves. I can lower or raise my car 4", lower for the summer, high for the winter.
By hatchie
#248549 Ground control sleeves with stock shock ....problem solved
By CamperCarl
#253412 :( I take back what I said, should have listened. Car was on jack stands at the time of my last post. :(

Car is bouncy as all hell, but on smooth road (not to common in Wisconsin) it rides like a dream. The handling is insane! It's super tight, virtually 0 body roll, but when you get on normal roads... Forget about it, people sitting in the back seats have to wear helmets to keep them from getting knocked out. I am going to invest into some normal lowering springs... this was a bad idea.

I had the car dumped, the mud guards are 1 inch from the ground. After 2 weeks I raised it back to little under stock height and it didn't change a thing.

DO NOT BUY Ebay SPRINGS! :x
By hatchie
#253526 Ground controls!! :thumb: :D

Sry u had to find out hard way man but hey it learning process! Keep us updated
By 603 jdm
#253552 not to add onto someone elses thread but u think id be better off getting ground controls with my stock struts till i can afford some nice struts and what would best go with the gc sleeves?