Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By chorean
#246813 So in September of 2009 I got rear-ended in my EG.

I thought the damage was only to the body so I wasn't too worried, and the dents are still there (rear left quarter panel, left side of rear bumper).

The damage didn't effect my handling in the car whatsoever or anything else so I decided to not fix it (since the stupid woman wouldn't pay me to fix it and if we went through insurance they would deem it totaled and take it from me).

But now in good ol' 2011, I put new shocks/springs in, sometime in February.

So of course, I took the car in for an alignment right afterwards...but here's the issue.

The rear left part of my suspension puts an automatic -2.7 camber on my wheel. The rest of the wheels aligned up fine and were around -.07 (since I don't have kits yet).

So I was wondering what could be wrong? A buddy of mine said perhaps my LCA is bent, and this could've been due to the accident mentioned above.

:thumb: to some camber, but :thumbdown: to only one wheel having it, and when it shouldn't.

Any ideas, anyone?
By teal_dx
#246816 yeah there's a good chance it's from the accident. You could try putting a couple of washers behind the lca for a quick fix if you're on a budget, but that's not going to correct -2.7° worth.

How was the toe and caster on the side that got hit?

Their bumper must have hit the top half of your rear wheel?
By chorean
#246821 Yeah, it was quite the tap, at least 25 MPH. I was lucky my passenger or myself didn't get injured at all.

Washers within the LCA? Something like that?

I was thinking to just replace the LCA's completely and see if that'll fix the problem, with some sexy new ones :P

But in general should I worry about this? I was wondering if that one tire would wear in a strange way over time, or if this is damaging the bushings in my LCAs as well. I was thinking of a subframe brace, sway bars and strut bars this summer, but this is the only setback.

Thanks for the speedy response, teal!
By teal_dx
#246854 LCA's are only $100, so it might be worth a shot. You could take yours off first and maybe it will be easier to tell if it is bent off of the chassis.

Also you might look at the chassis of your car near the mounting points of the upper rear control arm and see if the panel it bolts too is rippled or pushed in. That would explain your negative camber if so. Also have a look at your trailing arm/rear spindle and upper control arm. THese cars bend easily from impact.

Here's the washer camber fix: http://www.diymyhonda.com/civic/how-to- ... her-trick/