Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By Eg6H2D
#244797 Working on this as we speak never seen a post on here so here we go.

Tools needed.

*Dremmel with a rotary bit on it.
*Deep or regular 17mm socket 6point or 12point don't matter.. 3/8 ratchet
* 14mm Socket.
and most importantly a brain..

:thumb:

So the center of the bolt u have to remove is about 1.5" away from the rim of the panel where the OEM entry of the seat belt is.

Mark a dot with a marker or even with the dremmel to make a point to loop around and return to the bottom. OR u can make about a 3" circle and ur good to go. I chose this way. It's your car u do as you please right? RIGHT! =]

U take ur dremmel with the bit on it and do this slowly all you have is time . Go up to the dot you just made and come back down. this will expose the area and the bolt u have to remove. Take your bracket and measure it by site as to how much more material you have to remove to place the bracket in there properly..

** VERY IMPORTANT** Dont go in tooooo deep with the bit. just use about 1/4" of the tip and PLEASE go slowly the plastic isnt very thick anyways. gives you a more precise cut.

once you have measured and made the necesarry cut . take off that 17mm bolt there are 2 washers behind it a metal washer and a plastic one on top of it. twist off the plastic one and that will let you take off the metal one. and of course replace in the same order PLASTIC washer thing on the end of the bolt.

Hold ur seatbelt mount in place and put the bolt through the C Pillar bar bracket and bolt it back down. MAKE the 2 Holes on the bracket are pointed up like in my picture.

now do the same for the other side which might come out better then the side you started on and your done. A light sanding of the area you cut out will make it smoother. I skipped that part for now but you choose what to do..

Twist the ends of the C pillar to lenghten the ends to reach the brackets. Slide the 14mm flange bolt that came with the bar in and tighten down. one you tighten those. hold the bracket straight and tighten that 17mm bolt down well and your all done. Now just go over all bolts and tighten accordingly. Oh yea dont for get the 1" nut on the bar on each end.

Now enjoy your new c Pillar bar.

:thumb: :woot: :woot: :woot:
Last edited by Eg6H2D on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Eg6H2D
#244930 Got one more pic to put up of the finished product.. lol i forgot as i was excited to drive. lol.

Teal if it's good enough for you slap it on the DIY list!! =]
By eg6 Driver
EG6b20R wrote:Got one more pic to put up of the finished product.. lol i forgot as i was excited to drive. lol.

Teal if it's good enough for you slap it on the DIY list!! =]

waiting :D
By Eg6H2D
JD_Lazi wrote:wish i would have drilled my holes a little smaller when i installed mine :(

Yea i feel tha same way. the only thing is u dont know which way to angle it exactly.. lol. Next time ill know.. another thing is trying to hold the seatbelt bracket not reall much room and that extra removed from the bottom helped out a bit with room to hold..