Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By rallyx_eg
#244366 I just got a 93 hatch and I need help reviewing my options. Im lookin to run in the scca rallycross and also the max attack(stage rally) next year. So i need a softer set up that is going to be durable and also must maintain the factory ride height. I'm also worried about using a like factory set up because with bigger wheels and tires im worried about rubbing issues. I did see someones write up on the pic apex coilovers and he mentioned the l2 10k/8k but i cant even find it. I can only find the p3's 10k/8k. I was wondering if anyone knows where i can find or has even used the l2's.
By suspendedHatch
#244705 I would get Eibach custom springs and some Konis. As for the spring rates, that could take years to figure out. That's what racing is all about. I would order multiple rear springs at different rates and leave the fronts the same. Ideally no swaybars unless it's tarmac. Are you allowed LSD?

This is all armchair speculation of course. I'm a long time WRC fan but I don't know anyone who's rallied a Honda outside a video game console.
By rallyx_eg
#245236 well i found a set of d2 rally coilovers for the 92-95 civics. they come in 2 different constructions... tarmac rally coils(factory -3.5" drop) or gravel rally( +/- 1.25 from factory height.) they do not specify spring rates but the look to be much longer than your usual coil spring and they are built with an inverted mono tube strut design with 36 way ajustment. they are also reasonably priced ($1300) so I think im gonna give them a try. As for sway bars im keeping them stock(possible uprade the front) and installing new linkages and bushings. I will do a full write up w/ pics once I get the car the whole thing figured out.