Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By 92_eghatch
#242856 i've been looking into struts trying to figure them out. i understand everything for the most part. i've even read the comparison on here for different struts and such.

but my question is this:

using this pic as an example, the struts with the open cylinder on the end goes up front? or an i that much of a noob when it comes to suspension... :?

i've never seen suspension like this so...
...what i'm looking for: something with a decent ride, but will hold up to some strip action. (after i drop in a K of course...) the struts up top are the type SS's. used the pic as a reference to my original question.

these are the specs:

- Spring Rates: 7kg Front and 6kg Rear

- Pillow Ball Upper Mounts.

- Rubber Dust Covers.

- Adjustable Ride Height(from 0-3 inches)

- Aggressive Spring Rates

- Single-Cylinder Design

- Aluminum Brackets

any help in a good direction will help lots when it comes time to dropping thee ol' hatch.
By Greasedmonkey
#242862 Those do not have a pillow ball mount, those spring rates are weak sause, and the rears have the two pieces going down, to fit around the LCA in the rear. Fronts have the mounts for the brakes as well.
By 92_eghatch
#242878 what would be a decent setup for a DD, but good enough to handle strip action then?

i don't want to slam my car, roads here in bay city, mi are fucked. it would be like driving a flint stones mobile. not to mention blowing out my wheels and chassis on the pot holes. don't wanna do that lol.
By AutoXCivic
#242938 No the open end there goes on the back (set on the left). The other two (on the right) ... with the nubbin looking thing ... go on the front. There is a peice that comes off your old suspension and gets attached there and then gets bolted to the front LCA.

Those spring rates do look kinda weak, but they are still going to be significantly harder than stock.
By 92_eghatch
#242940 ok. i thought something might come off the old shock/strut, but wasn't sure.

anything has got to be better then what i have now. my car is like driving on rails. i think it has tokico shocks in the back (not sure of springs or rates) and i know it has a teg sway bar in the back. im not sure of the fronts, rates, and i think it's missing a sway bar. but the ride is terrible lol. it's almost like being in a ferarri or lamborghini....you can feel every little bump or small crack in the road.