Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By projectcivik
#241228 Hi, iv just fitted some coilovers to my VEi hatch iv lowered them as low as they will go and the civic just about moves lol But everytime i turn left or Right at speed there is a nasty knocking noise. Has anyone else had this prodlem and is it cos the driveshafts are at 2much of an angle i.e the cars to low. Thanx for your help..
By asianrob
#241235 need pics..

my car is pretty low but ive never had that problem. anything loose on your suspension?
By projectcivik
#241239 Na dont think so, think it might be somethink 2do with the driveshafts being at such an angle??
By TrailerTrash
projectcivik wrote:Na dont think so, think it might be somethink 2do with the driveshafts being at such an angle??

i took my car from 4 inches of wheel gap to tucking the tires up in half an inch in the front on stock axles. that was almost 20,000 miles ago and i havent had a problem since. you axles might just be bad from the start and lowering the car made them worse.

check for anything loose
By Boods
#243661 If it's when turning at speed - the problem could be the wheel catching on the arch?

Don't know how to check this as I have the same problem but if it's when cornering fast and putting a lot of load on one of the front springs then it might be the springs compressing too hard and hitting on the chassis, making a horrible knocking noise?