Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By Ajax1989
#238872 What would be a good spring weight for my 4dr?

I want a nice smooth ride, but have to handle good when I hit
up canyons or the track

I have stock sway bar in the front
and a stock DA sway bar in the rear
but when I can afford it im updgrading to
Eibach sway bars 27mm front and 17mm rear
if that helps any

Oh and im looking at FF type 2's

Thanks Aj
Last edited by Ajax1989 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
By AutoXCivic
#238874 I will probably be putting 10k/8k coilovers on my AutoX/DD car this year. I have been running Tein basics for a while which are 7k/3k (IIRC). They handle pretty well and aren't too rough. I suggest finding some people with stiffer spring rates and getting a ride along to see what might be too harsh for you.
By Ajax1989
#238878 well my ride as of now is blown stock shocks in the front with ebay coils
and blown tokio blues in the rear on ebay coils

but when u say 10k/8k what do you mean
i know a lil bout suspension but theres is some i dont know
By AutoXCivic
#238899 10k and 8k refer to the spring rates , they are usually arranged in a Front/Rear manner. The 10k is 10kg/mm which means it takes 10kg of force to compress the spring 1 mm. A 10k spring rate is equivalent to about a 560lb spring rate (which takes 560 lbs to compress the spring 1 in). So 10k/8k is about the same as 560lbs/480lbs if you understand spring rates better in standard measures.

If you are riding on blown shocks ... just about anything is going to feel worlds better to you.
By Ajax1989
#238902 so 10k/8k would be the best?

do you know if the FF Type2's have that spring rate or can i get them with that srping rate?
By AutoXCivic
#238917 Best is reaaaally subjective. I depends on what you are going to use it for. If mine wasn't also a DD I'd probably opt for stiffer spring rates. It all depends on usage, the types of roads you have, and how rough of a ride you can tolerate.

I'm not sure what the spring rates on the F&F Type 2s are. Perhaps someone else can chime in on that?
By Ajax1989
#238918 i live in southern california
and our freeways are fucked

i want more of a smooth ride rite now
the car will barely see any track, or canyons, only once a blue moon will
i take it to the canyons
By AutoXCivic
#238920 In that case I might opt for something a little lighter than the 10k/8k although lots of people have that and like it just fine.

Honestly you'll probably be fine with the F&F Type 2s, I've heard decent things about them.
By Fada Blayne
#240757 Yea that setup should be just fine. The front is going to be nice and firm. I'm planning on doing 12k's all around on my coupe. :thumb:
By Greasedmonkey
#240804 For spring rates there is really no BEST choice. Its all up to you. 10k.8k is too soft for me. I have 12k/9k and will be upping that to 12/10 when I can. To me these are perfect.

With those Eibach sway bars you will have tons and more understeer. You dont really need a bigger sway bar in the front. Stock works just fine. Just get a bigger rear bar.
By Ajax1989
#240810 im just lookin for a nice smooth ride, but handles good, our freeways and roads are beat up out here

imm just gonna go with the type 2's

and just the rear eibach sway bar will be enough?
By Greasedmonkey
#240868 Dont worry about Eibach. Nab a ITR bar.

I know how Riverside is, I lived there. My 12/9 set up is smooth.