Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By skateruptown
#238626 Thinking about lowing the car once the snow moves away, contemplating on springs or coilovers dont got all the cash in the world but i did see some coilovers made by Yonaka? checked there website they seem legit anyone here anything about them?
By AutoXCivic
#238643 I think they are stiff as shit. 12k/6k looks like they will also give you a hell of a lot of understeer.

Here try these. They are a very solid unit from a very reputable company ... and they're cheaper. You also have three choices for spring rates so you don't end up with too harsh of a ride.
By Eg6H2D
skateruptown wrote:Thinking about lowing the car once the snow moves away, contemplating on springs or coilovers dont got all the cash in the world but i did see some coilovers made by Yonaka? checked there website they seem legit anyone here anything about them?

how much are you trying to spend?. the worse thing is u never want to pay for suspension twice unless u have money like that. so buy once and be happy with what you get..
By Eg6H2D
AutoXCivic wrote:I think they are stiff as shit. 12k/6k looks like they will also give you a hell of a lot of understeer.

Here try these. They are a very solid unit from a very reputable company ... and they're cheaper. You also have three choices for spring rates so you don't end up with too harsh of a ride.

understeer? did he mention he was going to road race?
By skateruptown
#238665 yeah thats something i was thinking about just buying quality over quantity, like around 600-850
By Eg6H2D
skateruptown wrote:yeah thats something i was thinking about just buying quality over quantity, like around 600-850

for abnout 800 id say go with K sport. D2, Function FOrm.. they will let you choose spring rates if u want.

they recommend usually on all these sets for daily comfort driving with ocassional sprited driving 10k front and 8k rear..

:thumb:
By Greasedmonkey
#238703 if you look around you can get Ksports for under 800. You can even get F&F type 1s for 600ish.

Yonaka isnt a bad company, and spring rates are changable. 12k/6k is an odd combo for a civic regardless.
By AutoXCivic
Greasedmonkey wrote:if you look around you can get Ksports for under 800. You can even get F&F type 1s for 600ish.

Yonaka isnt a bad company, and spring rates are changable. 12k/6k is an odd combo for a civic regardless.

That was my thought on the spring rates and you can get the PICs that I linked to in either 8/6, 10/8, or 12/10 ... at least as far as shelf units. From what I've heard their customer service is AMAZING and if you give them a call they can hook you up with whatever rates you want.

Are you looking for adjustable dampening? That's something else that will need to be factored in when making suggestions.
By skateruptown
#238794 Adjustable dampening is not a huge issue I mostly want to be able to adjust the height from winter to summer so it's not as bad. Also better handling. I'm liking those pic coilovers,
By AutoXCivic
#238858 I plan on picking up a set of the PIC selects sometime this year. I have heard nothing but good about the coilovers and the company itself.
By Greasedmonkey
#238869 PIC coilovers are indeed a great set. Each one is spose to be valved for the springrates you choose as well, which makes a big difference.
By skateruptown
#238897 definitely checked out those weksos ones last night, me also have only been hearing good things about PIC coilovers made sure to send them an email today.