Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By neo27ny
#238201 I just bought a coil compressor tool to put new struts in. I've never used one before but it looks pretty straight forward. The problem I am having is the hooks being too big to fit between the coils. Is there a coil compressor better suited to fit these honda coils? I have a pic of the one I bought:

By Datsmart
#238207 Looks just like the set I got.
Had to remove the hook/blocks from the shaft and kind of thread it around the coil to get it where I wanted. Then screwed the shaft back onto it and go to work.
Will take forever if you don't have air tools. But it gets the job done.
First time I used mine all I had was a 12v impact driver. It would help with spinning the shaft quickly but didn't have the torque for the heavy compression work.
By neo27ny
#238232 I removed the hooks from the shaft, still had trouble getting them in. How did you physically get the hooks between the coils? I had to use something to pry the coil apart and still had to twist and hammer it in. It was a nightmare trying to get it back out. I just wasn't sure if it was supposed to be this difficult. Thanks for the reply. :thumb:
By chrono404
neo27ny wrote:I removed the hooks from the shaft, still had trouble getting them in. How did you physically get the hooks between the coils? I had to use something to pry the coil apart and still had to twist and hammer it in. It was a nightmare trying to get it back out. I just wasn't sure if it was supposed to be this difficult. Thanks for the reply. :thumb:

The front ones are a pain, I remember i had to angle them to get them in, However I don't remember all the details beyond that.

The Rear ones are super easy to do. the springs are not as thick and they have more spacing.