Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By chrono404
#236274 Yes, However the lowering springs will be a softer spring. Which it being softer means when you sit in it it will lower down a good deal. so when you get your ideal ride height with noone in it it will be much lower when your driving it.

Take for example my Sedan, It has Stock struts and Eibach pro Lowering Springs. The Tires are 195/50 R15.

Here it is with noone in it:

Here it is with me and my good friend in it, We both weights about 180-200lbs and are around 6' tall. For both pictures we where in the front seat.

Front:

Back:

You can see about an inch drop with 2 grown men in the car. it drops maybe another half inch with 4 men my size in it. We tuck tire going down the road with a full car.

With the adjustable perches you wont be able to get your car any lower then what the springs would already be, you can just make it higher.

Another thing to remember is that given the fact the car ride height drops so much during driving means your alignment will no longer be true unless you have the alignment shop align your car with weights in the driver seat for how much you weight. As a result you will get toe wear which eats the inside of your tires. The alignment on my sedan is perfectly set to "0" with noone in it. However its off when someones actually driving it. The pictures are old. The Tires I have been driving on for around 2 years now need replacing due to the toe scrubbing my insides off.
By chrono404
eg84dr wrote:thanks chrono
i guess ill just have to get better springs cause the ebay ones i got are a bit bouncy

ebay coils on stock struts will be bouncy. Ebay Coils on KYB Gas Struts are not bouncy. They have a stiff ride but not bouncy. Even with KYB Gas Struts the Ride Quality still wont be as good as a set of Lower Springs.

If you want to be able to set your ride height, have reduced body roll and still have awesome ride quality then look into something like Tein Basics. Not Cheap however it gives awesome handling, with really good ride quality.

If you are looking for more of a performance suspension setup then go with KSport Kcontrols or GodSpeed Type-RS Strut/Coil set ups. They will be about the same price as the Teins above. However unlike the Teins they will have a much harshier drive as they are made for performance.

If cant afford any of the above options currently. Another option is to get KYB Gas Struts, its about 300 for front and back struts. Combined with ebay coils they give good handling and decent ride comfort.
By eg84dr
#236282 i have a set of kyb's adjustable struts with ebay coils but they just seam really bouncy
i used to have some megan coilovers that were real nice wicked firm but not bouncy one bit i love my struts but i hate the bouncy
also doesnt help that its winter haha
By Butterzz
#236344 I've got Tein S-tech's on stock brand new struts and my car rides fantastic. no bounce at all.

Make sure you have the right springs on the front and back. I reversed mine by accident and the bounce was ridiculous.
By cjw_89
#236349 i got some megan racing lowering springs on stock shocks or dampers w/e first suspesnion upgrade i ever did.I got to say there is nothing that compares to a lower ride.I needed a wheel alignmnet couldn't keep my tires.But it is only a matter of having a buddy in your car and line her up.

You can have stock height with stiff springs and it will be good too though
By skateruptown
chrono404 wrote:Yes, However the lowering springs will be a softer spring. Which it being softer means when you sit in it it will lower down a good deal. so when you get your ideal ride height with noone in it it will be much lower when your driving it.

Take for example my Sedan, It has Stock struts and Eibach pro Lowering Springs. The Tires are 195/50 R15.

Here it is with noone in it:

Here it is with me and my good friend in it, We both weights about 180-200lbs and are around 6' tall. For both pictures we where in the front seat.

Front:

Back:

You can see about an inch drop with 2 grown men in the car. it drops maybe another half inch with 4 men my size in it. We tuck tire going down the road with a full car.

With the adjustable perches you wont be able to get your car any lower then what the springs would already be, you can just make it higher.

Another thing to remember is that given the fact the car ride height drops so much during driving means your alignment will no longer be true unless you have the alignment shop align your car with weights in the driver seat for how much you weight. As a result you will get toe wear which eats the inside of your tires. The alignment on my sedan is perfectly set to "0" with noone in it. However its off when someones actually driving it. The pictures are old. The Tires I have been driving on for around 2 years now need replacing due to the toe scrubbing my insides off.

Are these Eibach pro kit? im looking into it but that doesnt seem low enough.
By chrono404
skateruptown wrote:Are these Eibach pro kit? im looking into it but that doesnt seem low enough.

That is the Eibach Pro Kit, The pics above the wheels are when 2 people are sitting inside it, when 4 people ride in it, she almosts tucks rim.

This is her sitting on Rota JSpl's in 16's with 195/50 r16 Toyo Proxies. When they need to be replaced they will be replaced with 195/40 r16 or 205/40 r16's. Looks really good on 16's as there isn't that much wheel gap.

The Ride Quality is amazing. If you want a Track car defentually dont go with this setup. However if you want something comfortable to drive, this is an awesome setup. Gets ride of alot of the sway the OEM springs have, also gives it a respectable stance, while not drawing to much attention to it.

My Back is bad due to being in two bad car crashes, Both not my fault. My Delsol with KYB Gas struts and Ebay Coils is a blast to drive, although the 4-5th day of daily driving it in a row causes physical pain, Even while taking prescription pain pills.

Having the soft Sedan with its comfortable leather seats that suck me in and the easy power steering and soft comfortable eibach lowering springs i can drive pain free. If you have Chronic back pain, These springs give you a more sporty ride, although very comfortable.