Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By andyc
#230043 Hey Guys,

I have just bought a DX after having too many issues with my EJ2, with my last 3 civic's I have transferred the lowering springs and shocks across and each time I have ended up with knocking axles/driveshafts. It is a 50mm drop and I'm wandering if its just a side effect of the drop or if im just unlucky and the axles/driveshafts are on their way out each time I drop the car...

Is it normal as the angle of the axle is changed or should I replace the axle if it does it again this time?
By Vti93T
#230214 wow..I've never had that problem when it came to lowering my car and having to replace axles. :? I've always just lowered it and called it a day. Never had to replace the axles.
By andyc
#230266 probably a coincidence, they were probably on their last legs when I lowered the car
By Ajax1989
#230276 i to never had a prob lowering any car ive lowered bein mine or a friends
not 1 axle problem
By Chance
#230331 x3

Just do it. But read up on some DIY stuff here first to make sure you're doing it right.
By TrailerTrash
andyc wrote:...im just unlucky and the axles/driveshafts are on their way out each time I drop the car...

that would be my guess.

my coupe sat up like a monster truck when i got it. it seriously had about 3 inches of wheel gap and i slammed it so far the tires are tucking and i never once had a problem. and that was 20,000 miles ago on a car with 260k+ miles
By chrisscott
#230517 what suspension you using.
bring it over an il help you fit it if need be.
By andyc
#231773 cheers chris, but I need to do it where the coupe is so I can swap both over between the dx and lsi...
By chrisscott
#231811 let me know when you doing it an if im available il come over and help
By andyc
#231912 cool, itll be this month at some stage as i need it for the MOT... Im near pompey mate too?
By chrisscott
#232003 No problem mate. Lad across road might be selling his DX, paints abit rough but no sunroof an lightest model makin me think about getting it an swapping everything over.
By andyc
#232061 thats a good point, I wander what mine weighs?? I thinbk theres a list on here somewhere