Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By hatchie
#226097 ok so got a ? ...........

HOW is everyone running slammed without blowing shocks?

ive had my suspension for little then 2 months and blew the front shocks twice..... i drive REALLY slow everywhere and avoid all pot holes possible

i got ground control coil overs with kyb adjustable shocks

sooo idk how ppl are slammed without replacing shocks 24/7
By OleFolk
#226100 I wonder the same thing myself idk how people do it
Got stock shocks myself and every little bump feels like I ran over a raccoon
By Ajax1989
#226109 i just ride mine blown all 4, its boucny, but its the price im paying tho
By asianrob
#226111 i roll coil overs and drive carefully . avoid potholes and what not.
By teal_dx
#226132 That's the price you pay if you wanna be slammed. Many suspension parts will wear out much faster than at stock or even just a little lowered ride height.
By blk92hb
#226140 i have tein coilovers and drive my car like i stole it. but the stock shocks and the tokico and kyb shocks are a factory performance shock they are not ment to be lowerd the s2 shocks are
if you look at the rod its shorter so that you can run lowering springs
By hatchie
#226149 i kno that part but these were the kyb adjustables even the instructions give you instructions when lowering the car saying they can handle it

but damn does everyone thats slammed blow shocks all the time?
By Greasedmonkey
#226219 coilovers or the ground control top hats. low is a lifestyle. you can make your current top mounts work like the gc ones, just have to cut and weld.
By OleFolk
#226235 wait so buying shocks and springs separate will last longer then just buying full coilovers?
By EJ1STYLEN
#226241 I'm slammed on stock shock and my shock hasn't blown on me yet...knock on wood...hehe and I'm on 17...hehe when I was on 15 & 16" I'm was scrapping like he'll...lol
By chrono404
OleFolk wrote:wait so buying shocks and springs separate will last longer then just buying full coilovers?

Highly doubt it

If you have extented top hats the strut wont bottom out as it were. You can have extended top hats on Full Coilover Suspenion or just Struts and adjustable coils.

My Friend drives his Wagon dumped 24/7. He has GodSpeed RS "Race" Suspension. Basically a Full Coil setup with adjustable base similar to the KSport Kontrols.

The Wagon daily drives this low every single day, Most of the Roads are decent, however even down shitty roads it still rides amazingly.
By 93hatcheg
#226245 i have this same suspension set up as you man, kyb adjustable shocks and ground controls.

my shocks havnt blown yet and i have had them for about 6 months however like everyone says, being slammed comes with a price of shitty ride. to be honest i drive my car very respectable on a daily basis so the super stiff ride isnt all that bad only over bumps does it suck,

my way of thinking is that as long as the supension is still and keeps the body roll to minimum (keeping my handling awesome since i like the track) im happy with a shitty ride lol

if confort is a main desire of yours youll be lookin at some pricey suspension. but all in all if it handles good i would just run em blown.
By hatchie
#226506 They sqeak blown so that's a deft no and when I mean I was slammed I mean my shocks were bottomed out from start :o
By 93hatcheg
#226508 ohh shoot thats wack, yea mine have never squeaked ha, but as for being bottomed out the top hats and shorter shafted shocks are all i know about for fixing that
By EJ1STYLEN
#226519 i remember my friend shock was hella blown and the shock rod that you have the top hat bolt like rattle's around the shock making a super uber annoying noise...lol