Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By asianrob
#225631 depends on how big your exhaust is. my stock muffler is in the way of my rear sway bar. (im assuming your putting it in the rear)

anyways if you go that big on the rear you going to need to support your rear subframe. or it will rip out.
By CMDeOro
asianrob wrote:depends on how big your exhaust is. my stock muffler is in the way of my rear sway bar. (im assuming your putting it in the rear)

anyways if you go that big on the rear you going to need to support your rear subframe. or it will rip out.

I don't think he would want a rear one... That would just cause more understeer. How big could you go in the rear without tearing the subframe. That's the first time I hear of that.
By asianrob
CMDeOro wrote:
asianrob wrote:depends on how big your exhaust is. my stock muffler is in the way of my rear sway bar. (im assuming your putting it in the rear)

I don't think he would want a rear one... That would just cause more understeer. How big could you go in the rear without tearing the subframe. That's the first time I hear of that.

i think the biggest you can go on the rear with out ripping the rear subframe is 20mm? maybe 21?
By Eg6H2D
#225688 that's why ASR sells the subframe brace along with their 24mm rear sway bar.. :thumb:
By tbomber266k
#225719 lol i was gonna go with a 24mm rear sway bar with the asr subframe. and i thought having a bigger rear sway bar would give you more oversteer not understeer?? :?
By EJ1STYLEN
#225722 putting a 24mm in the rear would be to stiff right? correct me if im wrong, and that would kinda' suck in rainy condition...idk i might be wrong.
By asianrob
EJ1STYLEN wrote:putting a 24mm in the rear would be to stiff right? correct me if im wrong, and that would kinda' suck in rainy condition...idk i might be wrong.

it would but just depends what the user is going to use it for.

IMO for street the GSR rear sway would be efficient enough. then again you can go for the bling factor. which i plan on doing 1 day ASR rear subframe reinforcement and 24MM sway

i think the ITR rear is 24? or 22? i forgot too many numbers lol
By Greasedmonkey
#225755 a bigger front sway bar giveves you oversteer. a bigger rear sway .ar promotes rotaion or oversteer. itr bare are 22 and 23mm rear wise.
By Ajax1989
#225756 wat is oversteer and understeer

i have the stock front sway bar and a DA rear sway bar, i dont want anything to happen..
By tbomber266k
#225757 oversteer is lets say youre turning left....the back would tend to swing out more kinda like drifting i suppose???? idk...not sure..understeer is the opposite..but what do i know im still learning all this stuff. hah. someone please correct me if im wrong.