Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By 1slamed4dr
#224763 ok so i have my 93 eg sedan i have sleeve over coilovers stock struts when i go over a bump even a lil one it makes a loud pop sound dont know what it is even when i turn right or left my left front side the wheel or shock i can feel it just going up and down its anoying and wanna fix the problem is it i just need to get better struts and it will go away or what help please the loud pop sounds like it could be the upper control arm but i see no damange on it when i inspect it idk what the problem could be :x :?
By asianrob
#224774 something maybe loose?

where is the sound coming from? the front or the back which sides?

if the front it may be the A-Arm hitting the top of the strut/shock tower

or also shocks/struts could be dying?
By 1slamed4dr
#224777 Its coming from the front left all the time and some times from the right side I was told it could be the a arm hit the top but there is so dents and it sounds like its hitting hard I'm prob just goin get new struts they look like the stock ones from 93 how are kyb struts?
By Ajax1989
#224782 kyb have good oem replacements, but im sure they have some kyb's meant for lowerd car, not to sure on kyb's

but if ur looking for a good performance shock go wit tokio blues or koni yellows :thumb:
By asianrob
#224791 if you go that route i recommend KYB AGX's they are 4 way adjustable and going nicely with a set of ground control coilovers. but i wouldnt recommend slamming the shit out of it as those shocks will blow.

if you are wanting to be slammed and with OEM shocks you can use 89 accord front shocks they are the same but smaller height. so you can go lower with out lower it all the way.

but

you can also do another good set up is Koni yellow's with GC coilovers

Tokico blues are nice but they end up being like the GR2's from kyb just like a factory replacement strut. but the blues are way better than GR2's

if you have the money i would choose the tokico Illuminas they are performance shock like the AGX but better.
they too are adjustable and ride nicely with GC coilovers.
By tbomber266k
asianrob wrote:if you have the money i would choose the tokico Illuminas they are performance shock like the AGX but better.
they too are adjustable and ride nicely with GC coilovers.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: i got tokico illuminas with gc sleeves....just installed em last week and they ride superb!!!! great set up.
By tbomber266k
#224806 before i had that set up..i had the old set up which came with the car from the dude i bought the car from...man where those things GONE! lol...when i took off the struts and the no name brand coilovers....it made a drastik diff...Lol the struts where so blown..i would push down on it..and it wouldnt even come back up..my ride was so bumpy...always had to warn people before they got in my car...hahah! now its so smooth sometimes i wish i was a passenger just to enjoy it :P
By asianrob
tbomber266k wrote:before i had that set up..i had the old set up which came with the car from the dude i bought the car from...man where those things GONE! lol...when i took off the struts and the no name brand coilovers....it made a drastik diff...Lol the struts where so blown..i would push down on it..and it wouldnt even come back up..my ride was so bumpy...always had to warn people before they got in my car...hahah! now its so smooth sometimes i wish i was a passenger just to enjoy it :P

haha i think we all been there
By 1slamed4dr
#224866 thanks guys i found some kyb agx for about 589 for all four could i get the accourd kyb ill see if thats fixes the problem if not it goes into what else could be hitting yea i bought the car with the stock struts and no name sleeve overs i replaced them with brand new sleeve overs and when i was on 16x7 i wasnt so bad of a sound now im on 15x6 si rims and its got 10 times worse just tryin to solve the problem before it gets worse
By asianrob
#224869 id would just go with the ones that are for 92-95.

should be able to get the shocks cheaper than that? i think they are around 489ish around that area?