Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By {ikon}EM1
#224660 Ok so u guys know I'm in the market for a car due my accident and I was wondering if my suspension from a 99 civic si can bolt on to a del sol???? I'm talking about the whole 9 including the double wish bone to the coilovers front and rear...

The reason y I'm asking is cus I want this
http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/2076350680.html

The sol is a bare shell the guy wans 900 bones for it,,, I was thinking of droping my lsv...

What u giys think
By chrono404
#224667 If your swapping everything over yes. If you where using stock control arms on the delsol you have to cut some bushing on the sol.

That wont be a Daily Drivable Sol. However if you want a Go Cart you cant do much better then that. The body will be super stiff, it will be sick.

My Delsol is Rocking the the Camber Kits and struts off of my old 99 EK Hatch.

EDIT: Looking at his post he says he has more parts as well, See about getting the front clip as you can put it back together and have a road legal delsol agian.
By {ikon}EM1
#224673 Ok so even though if I put a bumper and rad support back along with the front end (bumper, fenders, hood,) it still will be considerd illegal???
By {ikon}EM1
#224674 Just seen ur edit it answered my question....IT SAYS "one piece " FRONT END does that mean a fiber glass drag frontend???

Another thing is what about the steering rack along with the swaybars will they fit too???
Last edited by {ikon}EM1 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By chrono404
{ikon}EM1 wrote:Ok so even though if I put a bumper and rad support back along with the front end (bumper, fenders, hood,) it still will be considerd illegal???

Not sure on florida law, however if you put a rad support back on as well as the rest of the front clip, headlights, hood, fenders, blinkers, etc. then it would be legal up here. Make sure to get a title with the sol if you get it. He said he had the oem delsol parts so I would grab those from him and put it back together. All Sol's not having a sol front clip look like they have been wrecked and put back together. Which is probably why 99% of them where done.
By Datsmart
#224687 Price seems high to me.

There is a lot of missing parts on that shell.
You will need to source Del Sol front end, roof, truck deck, doors. That will not be cheap.
I don't know what a full cage is going for, but it will cost a bunch to get that running on the track, let alone on the street.
By Ajax1989
#224746 i say nahh

get something else
you never know if he messed up the cage or half assed it
nd that seems a lil to pricey for a shell with nothing on it but a cage :eh:
By asianrob
#224748 i dont think the EK control arms fit the del sol. btw..

i wouldnt get that. sounds like too much work to make it road legal.

1 piece front ends are legal, ( i wouldnt do a 1 piece front end) however you just gotta make sure you have head lights, turn signals and what ever else you need to make it legal.
By asianrob
#224862 ahh i see what you did there

http://www.ipgparts.net/store/Stripped- ... -Cage.html