Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By ghskid06
#223790 Perhaps its been asked before. But ive searched and cannot find it. Everyone gets aftermarket LCA's, but why? do stocks flex alot or something? seems like your just going from one rigid peice of metal to another. So what im asking is what if the performance advantage of aftermarket LCA's? Are they lighter? seems like they cant be much lighter.

Same with lower tie bars, has anyone noticed a difference with one? I dont see much flex taking place there.

Pretty much everything else makes sence to me.

Id like to get a front lower strong bar, anyone have one of those?
Last edited by ghskid06 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
By asianrob
#223809 after market lower control arms are going to be lighter (which is an Advantage) that and if you have a lower model civic like a DX and want to put on rear sway bar on Most of the aftermarket LCA's have a spot for them. and new bushings too.

IMO i like to get some one day when i have cash to afford it.

front lower tie bar might make a difference if you run it hard like at the autocross or something like that. and pending on what you get and can double as a oil pan saver too lol. had an H brace in the front and it honestly saved my oil pan from a lot.
By ghskid06
#223836 ahh true didnt think about a dx. Ill prob get some for the sake that they will be new and not 15 years old, and they look nice. I still done see them being lighter having any real advantages though. They cant weigh too much less, and < a couple pounds in the rear shouldnt make a difference at all weight wise. But perhaps the decreased weight interferes less with suspension travel rates?

I see sway bar being the most important towards improved handling, followed by strut bars. Let me know if im wrong.

Where is a good place to get a poly bushing set?