Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By tbomber266k
#222747 okay so i dont know jack sh** on sway bars. and i was just wondering...this question has prolly been stated before. but what would be a good size rear sway to get for a eg6? this is my 1st post....and i am a no0bie to the scene. (kinda)
By chrono404
#222772 Depends on many factors, how big is your front sway bar? do you have good aftermarket suspension? stock? Stock struts with ebay coils? Race suspension?

If you dont have good struts/coils then replace those with better ones or Race Suspension such as Ksport Kontrols or Godspeed RS Coils. Then worry about a rear swaybar.

Do you want a more neutral feeling, as in removing understeer(plowing forward) or do you want more over steer(back coming out)

A good way to figure what you want for your suspension setup is to bulid your car In Forza Motorsports or Gran Tursimo. I Personally use Forza 3 and made a clone of my Delsol in it. Then Adjusted different suspension setups until I got one I liked how it drove. This will give you a good place to start.

For an idea of what sway bars hondas come with check out this list
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1067180

Also Protip, The EG6 Sir was never sold in America. Just say you have a EG Hatch.
By tbomber266k
#222846 well right now im on stock struts with some crap ass coilovers that i never even bothered to look at. i ordered tokico illuminas with GC sleeves. i want kind of an over steer. as for front sway bar...im pretty sure i have a stock one? so that being 22mm :? im just waitin on my suspension to arrive. i gotta lower tie bar from beaks installed. i know that really doesnt do much Lol. i was thinking of getting the asr sway bar kit 24mm? would that be a good set up with the type of suspension im getting? im eventually planning on making this a track car but as for now its gonna be daily driven, i would love to be able to take turns a lil faster since i live in a town with quite a few hairpins. that link helped to btw thanks :thumb:
By chrono404
#222854 Getting a 24mm rear sway bar will defentally give oversteer, When you get it make sure to get a ASR Sub frame brace as well. You will want it when running a sway bar that big.