Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By ZactheRipper
#222697 So I've got some used stock springs and struts together that were taken out of a eg so i can replace my sagging rears.

But I'm having conflicting answers to whether or not i need a spring compressor to take out and put in the spring/shock combo, i know i would if i needed to replace the spring on the shock so i don't take my arm off, but what about removing and replacing them in the car?

Thanks.
By Eg6H2D
#222699 Hmmm you mean the shock and strut still assembled. you should be fine. just got to pull the LCA down a bit to be able to pull the strut down...
By RPGonzos_EJ
#222700 if they are already together than you will not need one ... simply remove the assembly and replace.

If they are NOT mounted together already than yes you will need them to compress the assembly.

By mounted together i mean the spring is completely loose from the strut.
By ZactheRipper
#222706 Thanks guys.

2 More things, will i need a realignment? (going sagging stock to regular height stock springs)

And is it remotely safe to use a wooden block on top of my jack to get an extra 2 inches out of it? It currently doesn't lift the back off the ground since it's only about 13 inches high topped out.
By RPGonzos_EJ
#222709 personally on the rear .. i wouldn't worry about it unless you have the proper modifications to even make it adjustable.

When i swapped my whole rear suspension for a DC suspension i bolted it up and didn't think twice about anything else. Tires never wore funny either.

On the jack deal you "can" but i wouldn't have any body part what so ever under that car unless you put jack stands after you get it to your desired height.
By Method
#222726 get an alignment. your taking everything apart.
By Greasedmonkey
Method wrote:get an alignment. your taking everything apart.

x2