Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By lud_08
#217889 both of my front tires had horrible inner tire wear, and the wires were showing so i got tires and had an alignment done today. they were saying i had horrible camber and when i looked at the alignment machine it was like -2 on the right and -1.5 on the left. so i told them to just adjust the toe since my car is not lowered so they did that and i left.

when i started driving, my car was aligned now, but my tires were squealing and the steering wheel would jerk hard all the way to my turns. i went back to ask them wtf was up and they told me it was because the camber was soo off.

would negative camber make my tires squeal and cause my steering wheel to make extreme turns?
By Torch_Ind
lud_08 wrote:both of my front tires had horrible inner tire wear, and the wires were showing so i got tires and had an alignment done today. they were saying i had horrible camber and when i looked at the alignment machine it was like -2 on the right and -1.5 on the left. so i told them to just adjust the toe since my car is not lowered so they did that and i left.

when i started driving, my car was aligned now, but my tires were squealing and the steering wheel would jerk hard all the way to my turns. i went back to ask them wtf was up and they told me it was because the camber was soo off.

would negative camber make my tires squeal and cause my steering wheel to make extreme turns?

if your not lowered you may have something bent
By teal_dx
#217975 yeah you shouldn't have that kind of camber unless your'e lowered around 2"

Or the shop doesn't know what they're doing.

many of us run camber settings in the -1.5 to -2 range and don't have that problem. I think they did a shitty alignment on your car.
By lud_08
#218000 im guessing something is bent because i also noticed i a grinding noise from the front right tire area but i cant find anything that looks wrong, i recently replaced the control arms, shocks, and the wheel bearing but it still sounds the same. i cant really see anything bent and im pretty stumped to whats causing my problems. any suggestions on where i should start looking?
By teal_dx
#218002 if something's bent, then check the front wheel bearing. when there's impact from hitting something like a curb, the wheel bearing sees a lot of stress.

Can you grab the wheel and wiggle it with 2 hands? It could be ball joints or tie rod ends too. try shaking from side to side and top to bottom. Let us know which you have, if any.
By Greasedmonkey
#218004 Cambe doesnt not cause the problems you have having. Get up under the car and look for yourself. You also shouldnt have -2 degrees without being lowered.
By lud_08
#218081 i shook the right front wheel from left to right and it shakes, top to bottom nothing. i saw the tie rod ends and the rubber was torn so im replacing both tie rod ends.

i also noticed the boot on the left tie rod is torn where it connects to the rack.