Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By 1slamed4dr
#217772 So I just got my 93 eg 4 door its on coils in the front and springs on the back I have the front as low as it goes so I know there even but my right side is tearing my tire up but driver side isn't. :x. Could be my fender is messed up cuzz it looks like it has been pulled out and I know there are other 4 doors lower then me also I'm on 16x7 40 offset with 205-45-16 tires can anyone help
By Greasedmonkey
#217777 what does the tire look like? Where is the damage to the tire? pictures help make things easier.
By 1slamed4dr
#217787 the tire is shreding like a slice of string cheese getting peeled off its on the outside where the tread ends... also when i turn left or right it also scraps bad when i hit a bump or go up a uneven driveway :roll:
By MG6
#217789 Sounds like your strut is shot. Time to put on some new ones.
By Classiccarsrule85
MG6 wrote:Sounds like your strut is shot. Time to put on some new ones.

x2 check the strut and see if theres any heavy black gunk on it etc...
By 1slamed4dr
#217803 They look like the stock ones I thought about just doing lowering springs and new shocks but I can only find 2" lowering springs and wanna be about a inch to inch and a half off the road any ideas on springs?
By Greasedmonkey
#217830 Again pictures are way more helpful. It sounds like your wheels have the wrong offset for the width. Being low with a 7 inch wheel on a high offset puts the tire to close to metal lip on the fender. You can either change wheels, go with 195/40-45 tires or add more negative camber.
By 1slamed4dr
#217886 I talked to a friend who owns a honda shop and he says everything is fine with the tires wheels I just need to replace my fender so I'm goin to replace it and see where it goes
By 93hatcheg
#217891 also man check and see if that fender is rolled, there is a possibilty that maybe the one fender is smooshed in a little bit and the tire isnt rubbing it but the other fender could be orignial and the tire is hitting the tabs where the innner fender mounted too
By 1slamed4dr
#217908 both fenders are rolled i thinking the fender might just be messed up my boy has a 4dr slamed on the same rims and tires and is lower and he rides fine with no rubbing
By 1slamed4dr
#217909 also does anyone know who makes the lowest drop in springs for the eg and does anyone have pics of a eg on skunk 2s cuzz thats the lowest i could find
By Eg6H2D
#217912 Damn why would you want to be an inch to an inch and a half off the ground..?? Oh yea wait your in FLORIDA!!!!! ya cant try that out here in MASS. unless you just dont care about the under side of your ride..