Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By kingjmack
#214237 Iv'e got a 92 coupe and just did a rear disc swap using parts from a 94 hatch and now I have a wierd problem. My passenger side tire has a bit more positive camber than the driver side. I took the wheels back off and did not see any adjustment for camber. Any ideas as to why my tire is doing this?
By asianrob
#214249 maybe one of the trailing arms is bent? or bad bushing? or maybe need alignment?
By kingjmack
#214272 I have this bad feeling in my stomach that one of the arms is bent. Bushings look fine, and toe is not bad. I might have a solution. Maybe. I know for a fact that the old trailing arms (with drum brakes) are good. Can I just swap out the trailing arms? Meaning take all the hardware of the drum trailing arms, and put the disc hardware on them?
By asianrob
#214287 you can do that. did you check to make sure your rear stock camber arms arnt bent?
By kingjmack
#214306 Ill check that today here in a while.
By kingjmack
asianrob wrote:you can do that. did you check to make sure your rear stock camber arms arnt bent?

Just remembered that I didn't change those. I'm in the process of switching out the actual trailing arm itself. I'll report back later on the results.
By asianrob
kingjmack wrote:
asianrob wrote:you can do that. did you check to make sure your rear stock camber arms arnt bent?

Just remembered that I didn't change those. I'm in the process of switching out the actual trailing arm itself. I'll report back later on the results.

let us know the results

id first check to see if the camber arm got bent that would be easier to change vs the trailing arm.
By kingjmack
#214395 Well, It's not as bad as I thought. The BIG bushing on the passenger trailing arm was bad and it had enough play to allow the wheel to have too much positive camber, so the arm wasn't bent after all.
By kingjmack
asianrob wrote:maybe one of the trailing arms is bent? or bad bushing? or maybe need alignment?

Bad bushing was indeed the cause.
By asianrob
kingjmack wrote:
asianrob wrote:maybe one of the trailing arms is bent? or bad bushing? or maybe need alignment?

Bad bushing was indeed the cause.

ah yea? if i where you id replace both at the same time