Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By vazquez26
#213626 hey everytime i go to the track i snap an axel people r telling me it can be the mounts and others r saying maybe something with the suspension.. i have no clue which one is it so i ordered some hasport mounts and right when i installed them something happend to my car so i wasnt able to test it out but before i go bak out on the trak do u guys think it coulda been the suspension maybe its to low and the axels arent really leveled how they should be?
By Adrian91
#213648 Im leaning towards your mounts. I have a buddy that had the same problem. He had an automatic integra, and made it a manual. Well, he messed up on some mounts and the motor wasent sitting properly, and snapped his axles every time he went to the track too
By Greasedmonkey
teal_dx wrote:what's your car & engine & suspension setup?

:thumb:
By dawg316
#213864 learn to launch by preloading and using the ebrake, i herd thats a great way to launch FWD cars and save axles
By AutoXCivic
dawg316 wrote:learn to launch by preloading and using the ebrake, i herd thats a great way to launch FWD cars and save axles

Yeah I know of people who run stock axles and have 300+ whp cars ... and have no axle snapping issues using this launch method.
By vazquez26
#214397 i have a stock gsr ,,.. stock suspension just cutt springs and neogens in the front... but ive heard of the preloading method . im gana just go with that idea thanks
By kapow
vazquez26 wrote:i have a stock gsr ,,.. stock suspension just cutt springs and neogens in the front... but ive heard of the preloading method . im gana just go with that idea thanks

cut springs? :|
By chilango41
kapow wrote:
vazquez26 wrote:i have a stock gsr ,,.. stock suspension just cutt springs and neogens in the front... but ive heard of the preloading method . im gana just go with that idea thanks

cut springs? :|

Thats not good :thumbdown:
By Greasedmonkey
#214658 NOt sure why you are breaking axles with out loads of power, but I will just blame the cut springs. Whether or not they are the problem, I blame them. WOrst thing to do to a suspension.
By kapow
#214784 Stupid idea to cut springs. Hope you don't drive that car on the road, you could probably kill someone