Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By chewse
#208855 hey guys i use spring lox on my rear springs to get the back of the car a bit higher ( they can be used for lowering also).. i recently removed them so that they can be repositioned because they were making contact with the strut housing and that makes a very unpleasant sound..here are some pics of them goin back on..

spring-lox

car without spring lox

close-up with out spring-lox

getting ready to re-install them

installed

result
result

end result
By Greasedmonkey
#208903 why? That is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.
By chrono404
Greasedmonkey wrote:why? That is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

Back was to low?

I have seen these for a while, Before adjustable coils where out the Ol' School Lowriders used these to lower their cars. Good buddy of mine(Who also a H22 Cb7 Coupe) has a few Low riders using these to be Low.

Ironically his Honda is lower then his Impala. :lol:
By chewse
#208927 yup...the back is just too low...tailpipe and muffler keeps getting banged up over simple bumps and speed bumps especially with back seat passengers
By Greasedmonkey
#208949 If the back is too low, get stock DA integra rear spings. They are longer than stock civic springs and wont require that thing.
By chewse
#208965 are the integra shocks straight bolt on or would modifications be needed.
By Torch_Ind
#209217 you will end up braking the spring one day using them things like that!!
By Greasedmonkey
chewse wrote:are the integra shocks straight bolt on or would modifications be needed.

Not sure on the shocks themselves. I know they are longer as well. They do mount just like ours. I wouldnt think they require mods.

I know from experience that the rear springs are longer. I bought drop springs that were advertised for a civic that turned out to be for a DA. even being drop springs it put the rear height of my car at or above stock.
By chewse
Torch_Ind wrote:you will end up braking the spring one day using them things like that!!

i fear that this might happen because i have them installed on my 94 corolla and the springs on that car has a pair of spring-lox each..but the eg as u can see in the pics can only take one....but instead of breaking i think the springs might just deform.... also does anyone know which other honda vehicle rear shocks and spring can be a direct bolt on
By Graffiti
#211963 i advice use the rubber spring seats/lifters instead if you want to add ride height

you said also tailpipe and muffler keeps getting banged up over simple bumps and speed bumps, you might take a look on your rear shocks if busted or so..

try to push towards the ground your car's rear end then release.. if it bounces, your shocks indeed busted..
By chewse
#212343 well guys i've recently removed the lifters for several reasons...they were making a bit too much noise ( they kept rubbing on the shock housing) the springs did not look happy ..the looked out of alignment till one day one of dem actually came out of the ( not sitting properly) the bottom of the shock....so i decided to see how best i could fit a pair ofspring-lox to each shock since i only had one installed on each.....after installing the pair the ride heights was perfect.. just what i wanted...but the ride was horrible ..really really awful felt like busted coilovers...springs -lox put a serious dent in the shock housing and the sound ( u guys get the drift)...so i removed them and the car handles really well..but i just cant have two adults in my back seat without the tires touching the wheel wells..i guess i'll take u guys advice and get longer springs...the springs seat i've never seen those in my part of the world...by the way i'm wearing 185/60/15's out back hoping to achieve the best height without to much compromise