Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By blk92hb
#204644 ok i need some help from felow road racers and auto x driver or anyone that can help. let me fist give you my mods first then i will tell you what is happening.

mods
tein mono flex coilover with pillowball mounts and 14k/8k springs front/rear

front
es front lower control arm bushings
es swaybar endlinks
no name upper camber kit

rear
skunk2 rear camber kit

the car has been lowered about 1.5-1.75 inches. it had a full alignment and the rear passenger toe is out of wack its at 1.54 degrees in. the adjustment is all the way out and that is were it sits right now.

when i take a 90 degree left turn at speed limit or faster i get understeer. when i take a 90 degree right turn from a flat surface to a incline the passenger side rear tire sounds like its rubbing the fender well or lifting off of the ground and thats is not even at speed limit, i could be pulling in to a drive way.

i asked the guy that did the alignment if it could be the trailing arm bushings because they look a lil shot but he says that the arm could be bent.
so what i am asking is, is there a way the check the trailing are to see if it is bent and what i would need to correct the understeering

thanks for the help and sorry for the long page just need to give all of the info
By asianrob
#204681 might be hard to tell if the trailing arm is bent.. but i guess you could look for any stress marks on it.
By teal_dx
#204685 this could be compensated for with a rear toe kit, they're around $100

If the arm isn't bent, it may be the subframe or point where the trailing arm mounts on the front.
By asianrob
#204698 did you put disc brakes on? or is it still drums in the rear?
By blk92hb
#204716 I still got the stock si brakes so its disk and i really dont want to buy a toe kit
By asianrob
#205113 when you put the trailing arms in did you put them in the same exact spot? like on the front of the trailing arm there should be a spot where you can adjust it. from side i dont know if that would affect it at all.
By blk92hb
#205133 well i didnt replace the arm the only think that i did was put on rear camber kit and the coilovers thats why im wondering why i got alot of toe in on the rear passenger side and the toe is maxed out on the adjuster
By blk92hb
#205964 so is there a way to check the trailing arm to see if its bent and a way to fix the understeering :?
By d-mon
blk92hb wrote:so is there a way to check the trailing arm to see if its bent and a way to fix the understeering :?

hold it up to a good one.
By blk92hb
#206132 does it matter what trailing arm i use, like what model can i use, coupe, hatch, or sedan :?
By asianrob
blk92hb wrote:does it matter what trailing arm i use, like what model can i use, coupe, hatch, or sedan :?

all disc/drum trailing arms are the same tailing arms. (coupe/sedan/hatch)
By blk92hb
#208025 ok so im told my trailing arm is bent so im going to replce it but i also want to do a ls/gsr brake upgrade so do i need to get an ls/gsr trailing arm or can i use a stock arm, just change out the rotors and caliper.