Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By VegasCivic
#56164 Mine just started creaking, altough it is 109 degrees. Its been about a month or so. It doesnt do it all the time either
By Eli'sEG94
#57214 quick question, I read what you said about getting the black kit instead of the red one, is there any difference in rigidity? between the black kit and the red one? would love for some insight from first hand experience, I've recently started to hear alot of skeacks and every hole I pass though even though I got new shocks and springs installed feels like is gonna tare the car appart.

Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated! :thumb:

-Eli
By Eli'sEG94
#60523 Bump!
By OmarG
teal_dx wrote:no, the rear trailing arm bushings were a separate set. they were about $20 for both and came in the little yellow box in the first pic. If I did it again, I probably wouldn't even buy those 2 bushings. they were such a PITA to install.

Awww shoot.

Those are the only ones I need to install

:x
By EG-IOW
#87201 great write up teal ill be doing this next weekend
By LaMbErT*
#104857 If you are poor as fuck you can get new oem bushings for whatever part you need it for ie arm and then knock the old bushings out with a socket thats the same size as the metal using wd40 or simaler. Either that or saw the old bushing out.

After this clean the inside with sand paper and then grease up with copper grease and then knock into plabe with a socket to fit and a hamer just like before.
By stinkyfeet
#105878 well damn, I just ordered the red master set, and planning on doing it this weekend, but I really don't want to sacrifice ride quality.

Anyone have good experience with these, and NOT have a horrible riding car now. Do they soften up over time?

It is my daily driver... and my wife does ride in it as well.
By VegasCivic
#105899 Yes they soften over time. Depending on road conditions, how much you drive etc will determine on how long they take to soften up. Mine took around a 3-4 weeks to really set in.

Ride quality IS sacraficed. IF you have stock suspension, you get better handleing but the quality doesnt become that bad.

If you have aftermarket springs and shocks...lol. Be ready to feel every pebble in the road.
By teal_dx
VegasCivic wrote:If you have aftermarket springs and shocks...lol. Be ready to feel every pebble in the road.

couldn't have said it better!

With the urethane bushings hardly absorbing any of the bumps that your stock mushy rubber ones did, your springs/shocks will do a lot more work than they did before, I noticed.
By BLaCkSiLo
VegasCivic wrote:Yes they soften over time. Depending on road conditions, how much you drive etc will determine on how long they take to soften up. Mine took around a 3-4 weeks to really set in.

Ride quality IS sacraficed. IF you have stock suspension, you get better handleing but the quality doesnt become that bad.

If you have aftermarket springs and shocks...lol. Be ready to feel every pebble in the road.

ahh come on man, i just installed my black master kit and at the same time installed the skunk2 sport shocks/springs and i would say that the ride is better now than it was with just plain ebay coilovers. it's very responsive and absorbs and kills the bumps very quick with no bounce at all... took me like 3 days to install because of the steering rack and re-equipping my suspension but the change is good and i like it so far :thumb:

can i expect these to perform different over time?
By VegasCivic
#114744 They will settle in more from being under weight and become smoother, but still keep handling.

Hard to describe. Things arent as jerky :lol:
By BLaCkSiLo
#115094 okay, one last question...teal or anyone,

does the trailing arm bushing have a sleeve in it like the control arms? oh and did you disconnect the brake lines?
Last edited by BLaCkSiLo on Tue May 05, 2009 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BLaCkSiLo
teal_dx wrote:it is attached to the arm, you do not cut it out. the new bushing goes in it. :thumb:

so there is no hacksawing then? just burn out the old rubber, clean the middle part, and sand/clean the trailing arm and that's it?

if so, can't be that hard right? did you drop and disconnect the brake lines? :eh: