Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By teal_dx
#331790 I still have the same bushings and they are still stiff. The poly bushings won't deteriorate and get sloppy like the oem rubber ones. It has been about 10 years since I installed them.
By panic989
#331793 Nice. So you would recommend energy suspension bushing set? I found some on Amazon for around $120 that I'm looking at picking up soon. I'll check locally first if I can find a cheaper set. Ballin on a budget you see. Lol
By theforce
#331874 Anyone any idea about why I'm having such bad knockings in the rear after RTA change as mentioned in my earlier post?
Don't wish to dis-assemble everything all over again...
By teal_dx
panic989 wrote:Nice. So you would recommend energy suspension bushing set? I found some on Amazon for around $120 that I'm looking at picking up soon. I'll check locally first if I can find a cheaper set. Ballin on a budget you see. Lol

The ride can be a bit harsh for a daily driver. :thumb:
By teal_dx
theforce wrote:Got a bit of a pickle...I did this on the front of a DC Integra (guessing its the same as EG) and also did the rear trailing arm bushing (the whole bush with the metal pin not the rubber bush on its own) and now I'm getting quite a bit of knocking and banging noises from the rear end. It makes me nervous when driving thinking that something is going to come loose.

What could it be? I raised the rear from the middle with a jack and then each side separately with a scissor jack from the lower control arm, then I tightened the compensator arms, trailing arm bush and LCA bolts.

Compared to before the rear is about 1cm higher. Any suggestions?

If the only bushing you changed out in the rear is the trailing arm bushing, then I would check that out and also double check everything involved in removing the rear trailing arm that you removed to install the bushing.

Sometimes taking out the spare tire and having someone ride in your hatch area can help to better hear where the knock is coming from. :thumb:
By panic989
#331887 That's ok. I don't mind a harsh ride. Kinda like it honestly. Makes me feel like a race car. :hehe:
By theforce
teal_dx wrote:
theforce wrote:Got a bit of a pickle...I did this on the front of a DC Integra (guessing its the same as EG) and also did the rear trailing arm bushing (the whole bush with the metal pin not the rubber bush on its own) and now I'm getting quite a bit of knocking and banging noises from the rear end. It makes me nervous when driving thinking that something is going to come loose.

What could it be? I raised the rear from the middle with a jack and then each side separately with a scissor jack from the lower control arm, then I tightened the compensator arms, trailing arm bush and LCA bolts.

Compared to before the rear is about 1cm higher. Any suggestions?

If the only bushing you changed out in the rear is the trailing arm bushing, then I would check that out and also double check everything involved in removing the rear trailing arm that you removed to install the bushing.

Sometimes taking out the spare tire and having someone ride in your hatch area can help to better hear where the knock is coming from. :thumb:

It was such a pain removing the RTA in rainy weather that I didn't want to get under the car and remove the stuff again :p

Okay, hold your laughter till the end :wink: ...went under the car again as driving it was pretty scary especially when braking...somehow the 2 rear right brake caliper bolts were missing altogether and the brake pad had chunks chewed out of it and was only sitting in its position in place by the brake hose. The rear left bottom caliper bolt came out with hand twist and the top was only 1/4 of the thread in...I was shocked :shock: as the only place my car went after the bush changes was back to the mechanic to tick off the jobs as done. So whole time I was driving with the rear calipers just dangling in their spot, lol

Got some new high tensile bolts and tightened it real good, didn't locktight yet as it will be rechecked again soon. Now its rides like it should :lol: plus the front lca/shocker bush change has really made a noticeable difference...it turns where you point it and doesn't understeer as much as before. Now time to lower it a bit :D
Last edited by theforce on Mon May 20, 2013 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
By panic989
#331906 That's super sketchy man. Glad you got it fixed though. :thumb:
By theforce
panic989 wrote:That's super sketchy man. Glad you got it fixed though. :thumb:

Yeah, cheers man. Was really starting to hate the car...now I like it more than before :woot:
By panic989
#331909 Awesome. Glad to hear it. I love my hatch. Can't wait to drive it again. :hehe: