Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By -paul
#203720 Silly question but I just want to confirm. I've recently fitted camber kits but I'm going back to stock very swiftly. If I change the ride height, will it change my toe? Front and rear?

Thanks!
By 92civic_vx
#203726 ya if u are going back to stock height then get an alignment
By -paul
#203730 Only reason why I ask is that if I lower my car to a point I'm happy with, when I get my alignment done, they may not be able to get the prods over my wheels to align the wheels.

So, if I had the ride height high enough for them to sort all the tracking out, then I can adjust the height afterwards.

This is why I'm asking if it knocks out the toe, if so, how badly?

Sorry, I should of made my first post clearer.
By Torch_Ind
Paul Sizzle wrote:Only reason why I ask is that if I lower my car to a point I'm happy with, when I get my alignment done, they may not be able to get the prods over my wheels to align the wheels.

So, if I had the ride height high enough for them to sort all the tracking out, then I can adjust the height afterwards.

This is why I'm asking if it knocks out the toe, if so, how badly?

Sorry, I should of made my first post clearer.

why can't they get the heads on it when it's low. find some stocks 14's or something just to do the alignment then go back to your bigger rims.
By Greasedmonkey
#203795 if they cant align your car at the hieght you want it, find another place.
By MG6
Greasedmonkey wrote:if they cant align your car at the hieght you want it, find another place.

Agree. shop around and ask the shop what they can do and what they done before. You will be surprised at some shop might cost a little more but their service and customer service is what makes the difference vs the typical shops.
By EJ1STYLEN
#210123 whenever u adj. ur ride to a certain level or lower ur ride to a certain level ull def. need align. and for sure they'll get to ur front camber upfront...if the shop cant that means the align. tech suck....lol and whenever u change struts u always gotta get align...
By Torch_Ind
EJ1STYLEN wrote:whenever u adj. ur ride to a certain level or lower ur ride to a certain level ull def. need align. and for sure they'll get to ur front camber upfront...if the shop cant that means the align. tech suck....lol and whenever u change struts u always gotta get align...

if you have camber kits any shop should be able to do it as long as your rims aren't up past the fender lips as thats were they bolt the alignment head to the rim. and if the fenders are in the way it will hit your fenders when there on. so if your rims are huge and you are lowered to the point your rims are up in the fenders you will need to find some stocker rims so it's not.

another key thing is depending on the alignment machine if you DO NOT have camber kits and your camber is so far out that the heads can't read!! this is found with older alignment machine style. So that could make the shop not be able to perform your alignment!!

Machines with heads like this one won't be able to read because they read from right head to left head and front to rear head

Machines with heads like this don't rely on side to side for measurements they reflect light back and froth from the machine in front of the car

so you can do toe adjustment even with extreme camber angles

here is typical camber wear

By EJ1STYLEN
#210263 u can say its the toe to...cause if u really ask urself what really cause it to wear like that...for me i think the toe is the more important to me, cause u can run up to -4 degree on stock, but u ust have to rotate it...
By Torch_Ind
EJ1STYLEN wrote:u can say its the toe to...cause if u really ask urself what really cause it to wear like that...for me i think the toe is the more important to me, cause u can run up to -4 degree on stock, but u ust have to rotate it...

toe in and toe out will still wear evenly across the hole tire

http://www.familycar.com/alignment.htm

Irregular tread wear signals alignment problems. A saw-tooth pattern (left) indicates a toe problem, and beveled wear (right) points to camber problems. (Courtesy Hunter Engineering)
By Adrian91
Torch_Ind wrote:
EJ1STYLEN wrote:

here is typical camber wear

:lol: mine look like that too. Time for new tires
By Adrian91
Torch_Ind wrote:
EJ1STYLEN wrote:u can say its the toe to...cause if u really ask urself what really cause it to wear like that...for me i think the toe is the more important to me, cause u can run up to -4 degree on stock, but u ust have to rotate it...

toe in and toe out will still wear evenly across the hole tire

http://www.familycar.com/alignment.htm

Irregular tread wear signals alignment problems. A saw-tooth pattern (left) indicates a toe problem, and beveled wear (right) points to camber problems. (Courtesy Hunter Engineering)

toe is also the more crucial tire wear factor