Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By EricM
#203492 I'm doing my 1st suspension overhaul in mid-August on my 93' DX (no stock sway bars at all) and I want final opinions.

Part List:
ES master bushing kit
Function & Form Type 1 Coilovers
Function7 LCAs
Suspension Technique 19mm Front and Rear sway bars (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/STQ-52161/)

I will be tracking the car in the next year or so. Will this be sufficient compared to stock suspension? I do enjoy my "spirited" drives along the back roads here in the Ozarks. ;)

BTW, do I need any extra parts, like an ASR subframe brace? Never done suspension before except the usual strut/shock replacement, so any help would be... well... helpful. :thumb:

I hate understeer also, but I don't want to scare myself on every corner which is why I want a neutral sway bar setup.

I DAILY DRIVE THE CAR.
By EricM
#203574 Man I have literally no idea what I want to do when it comes to a sway bar setup. I really wanna tighten up the rear-end and reduce understeer. Having a front sway bar induces understeer though. Should I just buy a stock si rear sway bar and have no front? Or should I opt for the 19mm front and rear? I don't want to oversteer though since I want the piece of mind that I won't lose the rear and wreck on mountain roads.
By EricM
#203736 Bump please... really wanna know what sway bar setup to buy on the cheap.
Like less than $350 for both front and rear.
By MG6
#203748 On the cheaps... why not go to your local pick and pull and get the stock setup from the sedan EX? This way, you know how it feels with suspension bars and go beefy if you don't like how it handles.
By Greasedmonkey
#203796 what you listed will be a night and day difference from stock. It will also be a good starting point to learn with as well. Might as well start tracking it with stock parts, like suspension and sways. just replace the bushings and worn rubber parts. that way you will replace what you need as you get better.
By EricM
#203808 I've been driving it for awhile now. Haha I'm ready for an upgrade.

My only question now is what sway bar setup I should go for: Suspension techniques 19mm front and 19mm rear? Or should I find a 21mm front stock ex sway bar and swap front lcas? Then find some sort of stock rear...
By MG6
EricM wrote:I've been driving it for awhile now. Haha I'm ready for an upgrade.

My only question now is what sway bar setup I should go for: Suspension techniques 19mm front and 19mm rear? Or should I find a 21mm front stock ex sway bar and swap front lcas? Then find some sort of stock rear...

I am a little confused. On your first post, you said you didn't have anything due to a DX. With you planning to track the car, you might as well try the stock setup (get the rear setup from the sedan EX). If you don't like that setup, you can always go with the Type R.

I believe (correct me EG mems) it is 21mm or was it 22mm.
By EricM
#203818 No... lol I didn't word that correctly...

My car currently has NO front sway bar. So, if I bought an ex sway bar, I would need to swap out my front lcas so I could use the ex sway bar. The DX lcas don't have the mounting holes for a sway bar.

Suspension techniques makes a kit that has the tabs and bolts to work with the original front lcas. The kit comes with a 19mm front AND rear sway bar.

Should I do one of those 2, or something different? And remember, I'm already buying rear lcas, so I don't need to worry about mounting holes on them. More just the front.
By Greasedmonkey
#203984 Find a stock front and rear sway bar for now and just use them. See how they feel. If you feel the need to get more, just upgrade the rear to an ITR on.
By EricM
#204041 Thats what I was leaning towards. You guys have any suggestions on which stock ones I should get? Ex, si, integra, what?
By Greasedmonkey
#204050 Integra ones. EK Si ones?
By EricM
#204144 I'll probably find an integra LS front and rear. What all is needed for the swap? I have a DX so no mounting holes on my lcas currently.
By EricM
#204532 Bump.

Also gonna try to find coilovers with adjustable dampening. My budget is $700 for the coilovers. Anyone have any suggestions??

Trying to order these components next week, gotta make a decision!

These look good but I would have to use my original upper mounts: http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/pro ... 855&page=1