Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By jerko
#202787 Bought some Skunk2 springs around 2 months ago. Hopefully the longer ones went up front..because there is still a little play in the rear struts/spring when assembled..is this normal? Also, on the springs themselves...what side is up and which is bottom? When I go over bumps, the rear makes a noise like the springs are too short for the rear struts. I've heard that the part numbers on the springs in front go upside down, and on the rear, they read normal. Any help or pics would be great. Thanks. :?
By hatchie
#202846 hold up a bit and ill take pics for you i got em on my car..

they both should read skunk2 normal no upside down crap thats just dumb whoever told u that. and i believe there should be fat and short ones and the other pair is long and skinny......

ill get pix
By Chance
#202852 Taller ones with more coils go up front. and like hatchie said, they dont go in any specific way (no side is specified to go up or down)

If you installed them wrong you'd know. The front would be slammed and the rear would be uber high still.
Last edited by Chance on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Chance
#202853 The noise in the rear MAY be a blown strut/struts.
By jerko
#202930 Thanks guys for your help. I'll have to check the strut this weekend...check for leaks. At least I have the springs on right. Chance, were gonna have to meet sooner or later since we live like 10 mins. from eachother.
By Chance
#202938 lol...For sure. :)

assuming your on gAyZHT...what's your SN? (Mines Chiodos)
By hatchie
#203011 here sry it took long but here is a pic of them when i did my rear disc conversion

By jerko
#203033 thanks for the pic hatchie, I'll check mine later and let you know if anything is wrong.
By hatchie
#203153 their actually sensa trac stock stuts so blah lol and not sure id have to check i put em on how they were labeled