Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By soon2bsick
#201857 Looking to lower about 1.5" or so. I'm trying to find a good set of springs and shocks to buy. My main concern is having a comfortable ride, It will be a DD nothing performance related. I don't really want to drop $600+ on coil overs so if someone could tell me a good comfortable spring/shock combo I would really appreciate it

Also (besides an alignment) is there anything else that has to be done besides shocks and springs when lowering?

thanks guys
By soon2bsick
#201863 that looks really nice. I'm a little concerned about how low to go.. I still want to get over speed bumps and not grind bottom?
By Chance
#201865 I didn't have any problems with clearance of speed bumps or driveways.
By chilango41
Chance wrote:I didn't have any problems with clearance of speed bumps or driveways.

x2 on that.
But im still extra carefull when passing speed bumps.
By jerko
#201927 x3 ...I have skunks on stock struts right now, I think the ride is pretty damn good. When and if they blow, I'm getting T. Blues. Heres how my car sits right now. Before and after pics with 205/40/17's
By Chance
#201935 I rocked my OEM struts with the lowering springs for almost 2 years and never blew a strut.
By suspendedHatch
#201976 You can lower the car 1.5 inches, keep the stock springs and struts, not change the ride quality, not change your camber; but it will cost you some money.
By ExCoupe94
#202176 X4... skunk2 & stock struts and i rock 17's with no issues. but i did remove the plastic liner in my wheel wells
By soon2bsick
#202245 what would be the benefit of changing the struts
By jerko
#202254 IMO...I wouldn't change them unless they blow or something or unless you have the money for it...which I don't...so I'm rockin stock still.
By soon2bsick
jerko wrote:IMO...I wouldn't change them unless they blow or something or unless you have the money for it...which I don't...so I'm rockin stock still.

sorry if you've already said this Jerko but exactly how much lower are you than stock? I was wondering if theres a limit to how much you should lower before changing out the struts
By jerko
soon2bsick wrote:
jerko wrote:IMO...I wouldn't change them unless they blow or something or unless you have the money for it...which I don't...so I'm rockin stock still.

sorry if you've already said this Jerko but exactly how much lower are you than stock? I was wondering if theres a limit to how much you should lower before changing out the struts

According to skunk2...the springs lower the front 2 1/2" and the rear 2 1/4"
I've read somewhere that I think and don't quote me on this that 2" is the limit before changing struts. I didn't care cause I knew the stocks wouldn't blow right away if at all. I don't think mine will. As chance also said above. His didn't blow either.
By soon2bsick
#202308 okay, thanks alot for the info. I think I'm just going to start with springs and run stock struts for like 6 months then get some blues or something