Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By skateruptown
#198874 I got some for free pretty much, just a question. Are they good for free? like is your car having problems now because of them? Stiff ride? Thanks.
By TrailerTrash
#198877 I got ebay sleeves on the back of my coupe with worn out struts... the ride is surprisingly nice.
By skateruptown
#198878 How long have you been running them?
By TrailerTrash
#198879 about 5 months. they were on a rex for 2 years before that.
By nabt22
#199988 My hatch had them on it when I bought it. I couldn't stand them. Way too stiff and in most cases the sleeves won't fit snugly on the strut which causes them to be bouncy. I took them off within a week. I'd sayn try them out first. If you don't like them just to save up until you have enough to buy a set of coilovers or lowering springs.
By Benj
#200009 i have had them on a few car 91 civic hb, 89 civic hb, 90 crx, 94 civic 4dr and now on my 92 eg9, on each car they were spun all the way down on oe shocks or oe replacement socks, they were kinda bouncy but i liked it
By 1updelsol
#200144 i used to have ebay coilover sleeves on tokico shocks, the ride felt good to me, but then again i drive my car hard, and im very used to the stiffness..
By Benj
1updelsol wrote:i used to have ebay coilover sleeves on tokico shocks, the ride felt good to me, but then again i drive my car hard, and im very used to the stiffness..

agreed they are wicked stiff