Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By EJ1STYLEN
#196614 sup guys, ive recently notice that my car is leaning toward the driver side and when you look at it from far. it look like its leaning...idk if all the older civic have a lean to it, cause i looked at a eg sedan to that was parked at a parking lot and it was kinda leaning to the side too...idk if its my struts or springs, but my tires are not wearing out funny nor its not wearing out the outter edge of the tire....and my while i was at work i put my car on the alignment rack and checked my alignment to see anything that was hella out...and i looked at my ASI it read fine...i know the car was not in a accident and its not a salvage title car either...so idk if you guys can give me any advice would be nice...
By CaliEJ2
#196617 its cuz your car is gangster hahaha.... maybe its a blown shock? :?
By 93hatcheg
#196634 haha my buddies ek does this....its 90% chance its a blown shock or it could be cause from shitty lowering springs that one broke in more than the others.

also i highly doubt this is the problem but if you just installed new springs make sure both rear springs are in the back and both front springs are in the front lol, you never know it cuold happen lol
By dawg316
#196718 shocks dont controll ride height, springs should be check out
By EJ1STYLEN
#196780 ill check it out...idk i might be the springs cause when i bought it the two rear springs in had somewhat a springs lifters or does blocks looking thingy that you put inbetween the springs...so my guess its that cause when i took it off then a week later i notice that it was leaning...lolz so i guess its the springs...idk ill have to check it out.
By d-mon
#196844 guess what!
15+ years and 150,000+ miles will take their toll on cheap economy cars.
if your control arms are slightly bent, some coilover sleeves can compesate, and level your ride.
By ozzie
d-mon wrote:if your control arms are slightly bent

then coilover sleeves aren't going to do a damn thing to correct the rest of the suspension geometry. Pull both arms off, compare them, and if either is bent, probably a good idea to replace both.

EJ1STYLEN wrote:springs lifters or does blocks looking thingy that you put inbetween the springs

Those would have been spring rubbers, often used in racing to make one side of the car stiffer then the other, to limit spring travel, or by morons whose springs are sagging and they want a cheap quick fix.
By d-mon
ozzie wrote:then coilover sleeves aren't going to do a damn thing to correct the rest of the suspension geometry. Pull both arms off, compare them, and if either is bent, probably a good idea to replace both.

he was asking about 'leveling' his car, not setting it up for autoX.
and yes, straight control arms > bent control arms. :roll:
By EJ1STYLEN
#197006 ill have to look at the control arms too...u guys are so helpfull
By ozzie
d-mon wrote:
ozzie wrote:then coilover sleeves aren't going to do a damn thing to correct the rest of the suspension geometry. Pull both arms off, compare them, and if either is bent, probably a good idea to replace both.

he was asking about 'leveling' his car, not setting it up for autoX.
and yes, straight control arms > bent control arms. :roll:

If the car pulls to the left on the track, it's a minor annoyance that matters for a few minutes tops. If the car pulls to the left going down the highway, it's a major annoyance. If something happens on the track, it's a closed course, and there's usually a safety crew or ambulance there to clean up the mess. If something happens on the street...
By 3kkl3sia
d-mon wrote:guess what!
15+ years and 150,000+ miles will take their toll on cheap economy cars.
if your control arms are slightly bent, some coilover sleeves can compesate, and level your ride.

hahahahahahaha
By chilango41
#198128 Sorry to bump this but my car is leaning too and I know its not a blown strut.
I put in the skunk2 lowering springs and everything is lowered but the rear drivers side.
Anyone know why it could be?
By Ajax1989
#198139 ^^

prob bad bushings or bent suspension parts

i have/had this prob too, i just cut the perches off the my tokios so i can lower my coil sleeves

nd wow such hostallity(sp) wit n00bs theses days.. op listen to d-mon, he knows his shit :thumb:
By chilango41
#198140 On the lca's?
there brand new