Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By ekkiller
#192569 I wanna put coilovers on my eg, but I wanna now more about experience with the products im looking at,

KW Variant 1's
Skunk 2 Pro-S
Suspension Techniques

Anybody with any experience with these brands or even models? or maybe do a straight drop with lowering springs? ha :?
By AutoXCivic
#192593 If your baller go with the KWs. No experience personally, but they make a bad ass coilover.

If you are going to spend that much money I'd steer away from the Skunk2s and take a look at the PIC apex or PIC selects. They are a much more solid unit and much better quality craftsmanship.
By Chance
#192599 Why are you looking at those specific coilovers?? Just wondering...such a random list IMO. and then to just say " or maybe do a straight drop with lowering springs" is just odd to go from expensive coilovers to "just springs"

You seem confused/lost.

What are you looking for, for your ride... track use?? DD?? both??
By AutoXCivic
Chance wrote:Why are you looking at those specific coilovers?? Just wondering...such a random list IMO. and then to just say " or maybe do a straight drop with lowering springs" is just odd to go from expensive coilovers to "just springs"

You seem confused/lost.

What are you looking for, for your ride... track use?? DD?? both??

Doh ... yeah this is probably the first thing you should ask yourself. I shoulda thought of that, silly me. Suggestions will vary depending on your intended use for that car.
By OleFolk
#192629 id like to lower my car... but i dont wanna do it for $2,000. I would rather spend about $500 at most. So is there some super secret way of getting really good coilovers for less then $700 or does everyone pay $2,000 dollars to have their car lowered
By Chance
#192630 You can get good coilovers for around $500-900. Like I've suggested in other threads... BlackWorksRacing coilovers are a great buy... and there are plenty others around that price range.
By Chance
#192631 Keep in mind a nice spring set up will be cheaper than a full coilover set up... it all depends on what your wanting and what your using your car for. If you just want to go lower and dont really care about being able to adjust the height then there really isn't anything wrong with rocking springs.
By ekkiller
#192641 id use the coilovers more to do raising and lowering for the winter, closer to the ground more chance of rust forming, id only use these coilovers for street driving, the odd track run to see what my performance levels at. But as said by olefolk i dont really want to spend like 2k on a setup, the reason for the list was more because these were the systems ive been looking at, found a couple good prices for them. to be honest I kinda am confused lol :? i do appreciate the help tho, thanks guys. :thumb:
By OleFolk
#200970 chance if I get those black work coil overs will I be disappointed because im about to go ahaid and trust you.

My expectations are rock solid low riding and or adjustable riding
okay so maybe not rock solid but stiff.

I hope they are good quality im tired of shitty parts.
By OleFolk
#202255 bumpin :whistle:
By AutoXCivic
OleFolk wrote:chance if I get those black work coil overs will I be disappointed because im about to go ahaid and trust you.

My expectations are rock solid low riding and or adjustable riding
okay so maybe not rock solid but stiff.

I hope they are good quality im tired of shitty parts.

From what I've heard the blackworks coilovers are a solid unit. IIRC they are exactly the same as the omnipower units with a different name stamped on them.