Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By bceg
#189704 ok its my sisters car when she has people in the back seat she gets a rubbing sound coming from the rear passengerside theres no marks on the tire or in the wheel well anywhere to show that its the tire that rubbing her car isnt lowered and only has 15s on it.

im not quite shure on this one...her bushing in the trailing arm is worn and cracked so we are gonna do that anyways but i doubt thats whats making the noise...

i checked the car with a bunch of people in the back bouncing up and down and not even close to rubbing the tire so im stumped wondering if anyone else has ever had this noise or has any ideas to try

its a 94 cx hatch not lowered 15s 205/50/15 tires i belive
By AutoXCivic
#189764 Wheel bearing? How are the brake pads, I suppose that's usually more of a grinding noise but that's a possible culprit.
By MG6
#189873 it might be rubbing on the wheel well or the rear fender flare trim. I have having this issue due to strut and shocks are a goner. Waiting for new koni to arrive :woot:
By eg92si
#218426 you said you had people rocking the car up and down? did u still hear the noise while the car was stationary? if the noise comes from when the car is in motion then most likely its either your brake shoes if you have drums, or pads if u have disks, but most likely it might be the wheel bearing if more strees is put on them like when carrying passengers in the back obviously the more noise, although even without the weight the rubbing should still be noticeable but less intense. had the same prob on my sedan