Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By MG6
#216559 does your dust boot cover looks rip? I will be doing mines hopefully this coming week.

Not sure about the shaking, but i assume that is pretty normal
By K20z3EgHatch
#216561 No not ripped. And the shaking is not normal. Feels like my cara going to break
By CamperCarl
#245500 Does this usually cause a knocking noise when you turn a corner? Doesn't help that I can turn my driver side tie rod end with my hand.

I just ordered 2 inners and outers.
By fresh eh2*
#247624 So i recently balanced my wheels and i still have some vibration when i get to 65ish mph and above. Im thinking the tie rods have to be the problem. i dont see what else it could be. Anyways great write up as usual Teal. :thumb:
By MG6
#247669 yea, follow what Teal wrote up, but I copied and pasted.

"So if you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above, check for wheel play.
With the car on jack stands, grab the left and right sides of the tire and wiggle it as if you were trying to shimmy it off of the hub. If there's play, then you need to replace the inner and/or outer tie rod. (play from top to bottom is usually a ball joint - check upper and lower control arms. Play in all directions could be a very worn wheel bearing - you would hear this while driving) "
By matt is (eg6)
#305247 Can you use hose clamps for the bands because advance auto parts is telling me they don't have cv style bands??
By teal_dx
#305249 They're not uncommon. I'd try some different part stores. It should be a universal part. A hose clamp might be ok for temporary use to get you to the parts store, but I would only trust the CV band for long term.
By matt is (eg6)
#305260 I called all around only place that had them is autozone I'll be going there after work to get some thanks teal
By Imptuner
#305534 What's the budget for this DIY?
By SloCivic
Imptuner wrote:What's the budget for this DIY?

I bought a full set (inners/outers) for $30 shipped on ebay for my project coupe. But if you go to advanced or autozone im sure it could get upwards of $150.

I did a tie rod on a customers car the other day and it was $70 just for a drivers outer..