Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By 1993 Civic Si
#434 This is part two of my bushing upgrade. The body mount bushings had to be back ordered and finally arrived yesterday.

First of all, I'm not responsible for anything stupid you do. Period.

This is a really simple mod that should help the front bar do it's work a little better. The only tools you really need are a 12mm socket/rachet and a torque wrench. I raised the front end and removed the wheels for easier access. Of course, support the vehicle with jack stands.

Here are the new bushings:

Here is the old bushing and bracket on the driver's side:

The bushing bracket is held in place by two fasteners; a 12mm flange nut and 12mm bolt. Simply remove the fasteners and the bracket comes right off. The bushing itself has a slit that allows for removal.

Here's the old bushing and bracket:

Here's the top view. The arrow should point to the front of the car when you re-install:

To install the new bushings, pay attention to the bevel of the flat surface. The shorter edge should be facing the wheel.

Use plenty of the supplied grease both inside the bushing and on the FSB. Now, using the slit in the new bushing, install it on the sway bar. Remember to have the shorter flat edge facing the wheel.

Place the bracket over the bushing and re-install the fasteners. Don't tighten the fasteners completely. Final torque should be applied with all wheels on the ground. Install the wheel, do the other side, and lower the car. Don't forget to torque the lugs (80 lbs.-ft.).

Now, turn the wheels to full lock and tighten to 16 lbs.-ft. I drove around for a few minutes and re-checked them.

Here's the final product:

The car felt more crisp after the installation. Replacing the end links had already helped some. With the new body mount bushings to complete the set, I can actually TELL the car has a sway bar!

The OEM bushings weren't badly deteriorated, they were just WAY too soft; I could easily compress them with my fingers. The ES bushings are much more firm. They will allow the bar to more fully do it's work, rather than waste effort on a spongey bushing. I'll follow up after our next auto-x!
By 1993 Civic Si
#506 Follow-up:

This little mod was WELL worth the small price...especially for anyone that races.

I drove my first event yesterday. The car felt MUCH better. The weight transfer was much more smooth and precise. If you're looking for a cheap way to improve the handling, this is a great place to start. 8)
By sneepereg
#142159 cant see pics
By playlife
#294420 cant view pic................PLS update..

thanks