Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By MG6
#220496 Thank you All. I will look for another shop in the area. :thumb:
By Gorveatt
#220503 I'm still not with you on this, i've gone through two sets of tires in two summers(on in April, off in October), if you look at them from the outer side, they look fine, put on full lock and look at the inside, and wires are showing, i use to be able to have a set of tires for years on any of my past cars, but next year will be my third set in three summers... I am getting a camber kit this winter to fix this issue,
By PopKorn689
#226941 I got to agree with the OP! When you work for an automotive shop and they hook you up with $20 alignments you get them. I had my car slammed with about 2.4* camber but with good shocks and bushings and my toe adjusted were it should be my tires lasted me 2 years. I rotate my tires every oil change which is 2500 miles for me. I used to think I needed camber kit's as well because of my so called master tech at work all it did was end up wasting my money. If you are worried about your tires that much in this lifestyle then cool get the kits and enjoy staring at your car in the garage or parking lot. At the end of the day I drive my car and test everything I can think of for it to do what I need it to do. SO to back up a fellow member if your tires wearing all funny then go back over your suspension cause I'll guarantee something is wrong.

Hopefully that makes sense. I have an issue with rambling alot. LOL!
By Greasedmonkey
Gorveatt wrote:I'm still not with you on this, i've gone through two sets of tires in two summers(on in April, off in October), if you look at them from the outer side, they look fine, put on full lock and look at the inside, and wires are showing, i use to be able to have a set of tires for years on any of my past cars, but next year will be my third set in three summers... I am getting a camber kit this wo fix this issue,

How low is your teg now? I been on the same set of tires now for about 8 monthes, just rotated them and they are all fine. one shows more wear than others, but that is because i need to replace some things. Last alignment showed i had -2.5 ish degrees up front and a bit less out back. back tires toe was set to zero, while the front was set to trail off to the right slowly, for safety reaseons. getting enty of life out of my tires.
By eg-guy
Greasedmonkey wrote:Camber doesnt wear out tires as fast as you think. Ive done alignments for quite a while.

They are not needed.

I know they help. they were designed to adjust the camber on a car that didnt have the ability. Getting them is indeed personal preference, but that still doesnt change the fact that you do not need them.

That was with -3* front camber. Funny how they are evenly worn.

How much highway driving were u doing?
By Ben Sinkinson
hkspowers wrote:Hell yeah man, I'm glad you said this also, I always thought you needed it, and I believed it so much that I actually had the idea in my head that people that did not have a camber kit and were lowered were doing it the ghetto way. Also this saves a shit ton of money as you mentioned earlier.

Thanks a million
:woot:

totally agree with you, i believed it was impossible to adjust camber without the kits, surely theirs a fair bit of false advertising taking place as on most sights you MUST get these kits when a car has been lowered...?
By Greasedmonkey
scrape n pavement wrote:
Greasedmonkey wrote:Camber doesnt wear out tires as fast as you think. Ive done alignments for quite a while.

They are not needed.

I know they help. they were designed to adjust the camber on a car that didnt have the ability. Getting them is indeed personal preference, but that still doesnt change the fact that you do not need them.

That was with -3* front camber. Funny how they are evenly worn.

How much highway driving were u doing?

At that time someone around 60 miles a day I think.
By Greasedmonkey
Ben Sinkinson wrote:
hkspowers wrote:Hell yeah man, I'm glad you said this also, I always thought you needed it, and I believed it so much that I actually had the idea in my head that people that did not have a camber kit and were lowered were doing it the ghetto way. Also this saves a shit ton of money as you mentioned earlier.

Thanks a million
:woot:

totally agree with you, i believed it was impossible to adjust camber without the kits, surely theirs a fair bit of false advertising taking place as on most sights you MUST get these kits when a car has been lowered...?

In the civic and integra cases, you cant adjust the front camber without one of those kits. The rear on the other hand is easily adjusted with some washers.

After I had my front tires go bald in a few days, I got an alignment with out camber kits. Still running -3* in the front and around -2* in the back and have around 7k miles on the new tires with minimal wear.
By Animal78
#287848 What about arms for adjusting the toe in back. I have alignment tools here and can set it but I need some more specs to work with. I have a spc alignment tool but you use a tape measure for the toe portion. I setup my srt4 and a friends wrx. So its not a big deal to me. Also I am lowered about 2 inches front and rear and have 2.5 up front and 2 in back. Negative camber. It hasn't worn the tires very much but I still don't get quite as much as I could if I would set the toe plus the steering is sketchy a little input does alot. It would be great on a track but it kinda sux in normal driving.

All said if anyone knows the proper measurement in inches that'd be great. If not I can wing it. I have usually shot for a 1/8th inch toe in keeps things nice and straight also will go against that extremely slight amount of camber wear you would get over say 20k miles lol.

I agree with greased monkey. I have had lots of lowered vehicles and never done anything more than the toe on them. This is especially true with bagged vehicles. Adjusting the camber would be a complete waste of time. I set the suspension to the preferred height then set the toe and let it go. These trucks run as much as 4-5 degrees negative camber everywhere with minimal tire wear.
By #ROBIN#
#299489 can someone please explain to me why my left hand side front wheel has more negative camber than my right hand side (drivers side) ... this is the reason why i want to fit camber kit and for track...

i checked all bushings, checked the suspension thoroughly and they say its a common problem..is it?

Thank you in Advance :thumb:
By Chance
hondamonstercrew wrote:i slammed the front end of my eg hatch and had this same issue definately passing this post on to a few mates that have tryed telling me i needed a camber kit i just got toe done and course mates being mates didnt believe me nice one man good read too :thumb:

Since you didn't post in the actual thread, you created a new thread for this comment. I quoted it and put it here, where it belongs. Double check where you're posting before you click "submit"

:thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#ROBIN# wrote:can someone please explain to me why my left hand side front wheel has more negative camber than my right hand side (drivers side) ... this is the reason why i want to fit camber kit and for track...

i checked all bushings, checked the suspension thoroughly and they say its a common problem..is it?

i'm in the same boat
By blk92hb
EH2_andy wrote:
#ROBIN# wrote:can someone please explain to me why my left hand side front wheel has more negative camber than my right hand side (drivers side) ... this is the reason why i want to fit camber kit and for track...

i'm in the same boat

because you sit on the driver side when you drive and you are putting more weight on that side. unless you dont weigh anything.

one thing you can do is messure the ride hight with out being in it, then have someone messure it while you are in the car or you can put weights in the car and messure. then you take the difference and add it to the ride hight so when you are sitting in the car it will be the same as the other side.
By pkaewthong34
#339222 Finally just got my toe done and I will test it out this week on high way see how it worn out .. They even say I might need the camber kit for the front but probably not since the not that low .. At least they said get the toe fix then I'll be good to go

My front camber is - 3 on both side now