Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By EJ1STYLEN
#208797 look at your copy of the alignment print out and look at your ASI and see how much of degree is out to see if something is bent...
By ImThaBean
#208806 That's the thing. I didn't get a print out. Te gut just wrote my original/adjusted toe and that there is no warranty cause the camber is not in spec on the sales work order. I don't think I saw a printer anywhere near the alignment machine.
By Greasedmonkey
#208837 I can get a lifetime warranty on my alignment with my camber out. The car doesnt have camber adjustments from HONDA. so why should it have them after I lower it.

The civic is just a toe and go car. thats all you can adjust.
By ImThaBean
#208841 I'm just gonna drop the $70 to get it done at American Tire. They've never done me wrong on tires and service on all the cars I've taken in there. That way I can get a warranty and know it got done right. There is something that guy did to the car, I know it. He fixed the toe (partially) but it just feels like it's planted to the ground now. It feels stiffer and the leftward drift... I have a feeling he "fixed" it so it's not wearing the tire as bad but enough to where I'd want to go back to buy the camber kits and get it realigned.
By Torch_Ind
#210236 at the end of the day. no it's not required or really a big safety concern but you will wear tires unevenly with really bad camber!

I would rather see people go around with neg camber with there lowering kit then see people driving around with loose and worn out ball joints and tie rods.

but a true Yes Or No on if you need camber kits is a personal opinion!! and thats about as far as it goes!!

My vote is Yes buy them and do it right and get better tire wear and full tire contact to the road!! It will help in rain and low traction situations!

but if you want to look cool and low on the ground look and can't even do camber because your control arms would be out to far and hit in your upper fenders well it's something your going to have to live with for the cool factor.

I to at one point "young and dumb" picked the cool look factor over the right way for looks and this was my tire wear with toe perfectly set!! the only out of spec was camber!!

By Greasedmonkey
#210270 The answer is still NO...

You do not NEED camber kits. With a proper alignment you can drive like normal for quite some time. I know, Im doing it. As are lots of other people. Im sure they help many people that are afraid of camber wear, or that want more negative camber for wheel fitment. They just are not needed.
By Torch_Ind
Greasedmonkey wrote:The answer is still NO...

You do not NEED camber kits. With a proper alignment you can drive like normal for quite some time. I know, Im doing it. As are lots of other people. Im sure they help many people that are afraid of camber wear, or that want more negative camber for wheel fitment. They just are not needed.

thats your opinion my friend!! I'm not going to agree with you if you look at my tire pic's i posted the side wall is worn off and my tire still has 1/2 or more tread but the tire is unsafe with cords hanging out.

with camber kits I got twice the miles out of my tires

Thats my opinion!! Sticking to it! if you want to look cool and have your tires slanted in and don't mind the wear then your right you don't need them but if you want proper tire wear you do

Irregular tread wear signals alignment problems. A saw-tooth pattern (left) indicates a toe problem, and beveled wear (right) points to camber problems. (Courtesy Hunter Engineering)

if you have the issue on the left and want it corrected you will need camber kits. bringing it in and telling the tech no don't do camber just do toe. it won't fix the problem!! and you will just be mad cause you believed a rant on a forum in-staid of a licensed tech!! and your out another set of tires and more money in alignments and tires.
By Greasedmonkey
#210399 Camber doesnt wear out tires as fast as you think. Ive done alignments for quite a while.

They are not needed.

I know they help. they were designed to adjust the camber on a car that didnt have the ability. Getting them is indeed personal preference, but that still doesnt change the fact that you do not need them.

That was with -3* front camber. Funny how they are evenly worn.
By sixspeedhatch
#210411 wow so you got those results by adjusting your toe eh i shall have to try this
By Torch_Ind
sixspeedhatch wrote:wow so you got those results by adjusting your toe eh i shall have to try this

lol
By Cl9junky
#217614 I have dealt with this problem since i was 15 on cut springs. I have a few family members that are licensed mechanics and yes toe will kill your tires faster than camber but to get the best out of your tires without having to rotate them every oil change (5K) you need a camber kit. Granted yes defeats the purpose if you track your car but that's few and from who do track there car and if you get the camber kit just push it negative when you do go to the track.

To each its own.
By ImThaBean
#217615 Now, quick question. Being that my car is a daily, I'm considering getting the f/r camber kits so that I can maximize tire life. Adjusting the toe showed a huge improvement on tire life thus far but I can see a taper on the tread since I am still negative. I am on a budget and am counting every penny. Would anyone recommend the eBay kits. Mainly the front ones that are essentially the upper mounting bolts to the UCA that have adjustment vs. Spending the money for adjustable UCA's. I just replaced the UCA w/ new ball joints and don't want to spend more money on The adjustable UCA's w/ new ball joints if I don't have to.
By MG6
#220407 ok, just dropped the EG and raised it back to near stock height with Koni and GC coilovers.

So I have a question on alignment shops... Does it make sense to charge $240 for all 4 wheel alignment?

I told the shop guy what my car is, and what i done to it that requires a 4 wheel alignment. After all that info, the first thing he said was... did you change out the arm. I am like... NO!!! why? Then he said, i am surprised no one did.

Knowing how the EG works after reading all the information about our suspension, I didn't argue with him.

So the price is that high due to it falling into a performance category. Sure, i can understand it being performance, but it is not slam and I am no where near lowering it more than I want (little lower than stock, but still have 1 finger gap or near 2 finger gap.

Should I go to another shop?

Note:
They are a performance alignment shop. I am sure they know what they are doing, but charging that much for just a alignment and correcting my toe???
By ImThaBean
#220445 Your getting ripped. All alignment shops I checked with varied from $50-$90.
By speedracer1094
#220488 MG6 find another shop. These folks are out to rip you off. An alignment should range 50-90 for our cars.