Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By VhondaW
ilmcrx wrote:i love this thread, i am still getting camber kits, so i can run that lil extra camber :woot: :woot: :thumb:

agreed, i am not running auto-x or any sort of scca event so i will be using some sort of camber kits after i put my coils on... if i need them (i'll find out after i take it to the alignment shop)

tires are expensive and i have gone through alot of tires due to uneven wear
By vtecyo
#172019 does this damage anything sep your tyres ?
By teal_dx
#180619 What about adding/removing washers on the upper control arm on the rear suspension... will this change rear toe, along with the rear camber?

I've got my washers in from way back in the day- been meaning to take them out.
By Apexracing
teal_dx wrote:What about adding/removing washers on the upper control arm on the rear suspension... will this change rear toe, along with the rear camber?

I've got my washers in from way back in the day- been meaning to take them out.

adds positive camber. could possibly add toe by only using one washer for the rear bolt. but it wouldn't be much.
By Apexracing
teal_dx wrote:Yes, but by using washers on both bolts, will toe be affected at all :?

WOndering if when I remove my washers I will need another alignment...

did you have it aligned when you put them on? If it's been a while since you've had it aligned I would do it just because. I
By julian_n12
#188316 I am thinking of building an eg to use daily and as a trackday toy, possibly further.

Camber is quite an important adjustment in racing along with castor and toe.

I am really just wondering what others have experienced with camber arms from companies such as skunk 2. How easily do they break and slip out of alignment.

Looking at pictures of them they seem rather flimsy.

Also what seems to be the best coilovers by general consensus?
By Greasedmonkey
teal_dx wrote:Yes, but by using washers on both bolts, will toe be affected at all :?

WOndering if when I remove my washers I will need another alignment...

Its my understanding that toe is affected by anything you do. Removing the washers would warrant you getting another alignment. Just to make sure. I would say, get the before specs, remove the washers and get the after specs and let us know if the toe changed.
By Greasedmonkey
#190538 I and many friends have raced our civics with out any camber adjustments devices. The car I race still hasnt had anything done to the camber since I lowered it. Just the toe. I dont remember what the alignment sheet looks like anymore since it been years since the car has been on the road. That will come soon.
By julian_n12
#190707 Cheers, Greasedmonkey was very helpful. I will probably not bother buying camber arms now.
By DREW-EG93
#199304 my tires are worn out all on the inside and my buddy who is a mechanic says that since the wear from the tire goes from inner to middle ways its a camber problem so i picked up yesterday now just waiting for the kit in the mail.. looks nice in gold :)
By EJ1-danny
#200286 So I have a buddy club n+ damper kit and buddy club lower control arms for my 94 si I wanna slam it to the floor is there anything else I should buy that will help out the drop and the stiffness ??? I also thought I needed camber kits but I guess I don't :)
By -paul
#203713 I've recently bought and fitted a camber kit. The rear I find to have no problem but since I've fitted the front, I've had major ride problems. Going over bumps and small holes on the roads have a bigger impact on my ride at the front. Very stiff and I keep getting a 'BANG'. It's as if there's room for give.

Now after reading all this, I think I'm going back to my stock!
By Greasedmonkey
#203797 depending on the kit you got and how low you are, the upper arm could be hitting the shock tower. Let us know what you got and how low you are. pics work best.