In Car Entertainment & Security
By sheldon911
#118483 Hey my name is corey i dont post much but iv been on the forums for awhile. I just started working at home depot and going through all of there products i found a very cool way to add a layer of security to the love of our life's .

Whats needed ?

Doberman Security Tool Box Alerm - 19.99$
AAA batterys - 2.99$
Gorrila glue (optional )

Pro's
----------
*Cheap car alarm
*Independant battery system ( theive's go to cut battery where most alarm units are hooked to it wont effect it . )
* Very fast to install ( 5 mins )
* Key chain remote with arm and disarm
* Not the typical car alarm ( Thieve's may be confused at first )
* Unique sound unlike most car alarms

Con's
--------
* Not as loud as real car allarms
*Dosent detect vibrations just door opening.
*Could be torn off and thrown down the street
* Not as reliable as a actually security allarm

So basically here is the link to the product to give you a good idea

http://www.dobermanproducts.com/SE-0205.htm

Looking at the picture you prob dont have to have alot explained to you . There is the box that carrys 3 AAA batterys and a speaker. Around the size of a remote with a sensor. There is a 2nd sensor you space them about 1cm appart . I put mine on my door in the storage thing next to the seat it could be hidden under carpet or under seat i was just lazy.

Anyways im on a budget but i want some kind of defense to help protect my car. I think this is cheap and would mix the normal car theif up due to the fact that most car thiev's check the usual car allarm spots .

for 20$ and getting a key chain remote to arm and disarm id say its worth it to anyone on a budget not able to dish out the 300$ for a real setup . Also you dont have to worry about your alarm going off due to loud cars wind ect.. only gose's off when sensor is interupted .

Hope this help's some of you out ill get some pic's soon .
By VegasCivic
#118513 Thats a pretty good idea! Great job :thumb:
By chrono404
VegasCivic wrote:Thats a pretty good idea! Great job :thumb:

x2

Thinking out of the Box FTW! Besides cut off switches one of the Nicest Cheap Theft Solutions I have scene out there. Very Very Nice. :thumb: :thumb:

If you can link 3/4 of them to a single remote(1 for all the doors/hatch) Then this will be gold. :thumb:

Maybe combine this with having a baby monitor in the car to hear if the alarm goes off and go out and bust some heads open. :thumb:
By VegasCivic
chrono404 wrote:Maybe combine this with having a baby monitor in the car to hear if the alarm goes off and go out and bust some heads open. :thumb:

:lol: extra ghetto alarm ftmfw :woot:

Someone give this guy a wrench! :thumb:
By Sentry
chrono404 wrote:
VegasCivic wrote:Thats a pretty good idea! Great job :thumb:

x2

Thinking out of the Box FTW! Besides cut off switches one of the Nicest Cheap Theft Solutions I have scene out there. Very Very Nice. :thumb: :thumb:

If you can link 3/4 of them to a single remote(1 for all the doors/hatch) Then this will be gold. :thumb:

Maybe combine this with having a baby monitor in the car to hear if the alarm goes off and go out and bust some heads open. :thumb:

40 dollar paging alarm. :lol:
By sheldon911
#118606 Thank's alot guy's honestly did not expect this much good feed back.
Anyways i would figure that with some wiring it would not be hard to
attach multiple box's connected to one alarm it just may take a wire
to run under the dash to the other box.

But for the most part i figure no matter what when somone is breaking
into your car they are going to have to open the driver's door.

I am also considering screwing a top over side pocket
on the door that it is boxed in . Just so that if they find it they cant rip it out and smash it .
By sheldon911
#134878 Bump for anyone who wants to try this
wish it was a sticky
By EJcivic732
#159971 i heard of this being done you can also take apart the box with the speaker and sodder or splice wires to the existing speaker that can run to a 6dollar basic horn that you can pick up at any audio/video supply store and it'll be way louder and u can tuck the wires anway desired depending on where you mount the horn :hehe:
By chrono404
EJcivic732 wrote:i heard of this being done you can also take apart the box with the speaker and solder or splice wires to the existing speaker that can run to a 6dollar basic horn that you can pick up at any audio/video supply store and it'll be way louder and u can tuck the wires anway desired depending on where you mount the horn :hehe:

That would drain the battery's pretty quick. I think I will try this in one of my sedans. If it works I will post up a DIY.

Good Idea. :thumb:
By 99cx
#193690 *Could be torn off and thrown down the street

Seems like a pretty big CON for me. but hilarious statement nonetheless
By suspendedHatch
#193973 That's not going to do a goddamn thing. Sorry. $3 main relay kill switch is the way to go.

If you were going to do that, instead get a $5 siren. Connect siren power to the constant 12v option output on the under-dash fuse box. Put a switch on the ground wire, and connect the switch to the thick insulated lt grn/red wire in the door jam.

Pros: No batteries, detects all doors. Cons: no start-kill, silenced by simply closing the door. Goes off every time you open the door unless the switch is accessible from outside.

I could tell you how to wire it so that it kills the starter and doesn't go off by closing the door once it's been set off, even put a pulse timer on it so you have a few seconds to hit the switch before it goes off, but it really isn't worth it. It's not hard to create an entire alarm out of relays, but the problem is getting it to work with a remote. Any kind of module that works with a remote costs about the same as an entry level alarm.

$330 btw will get you a a high end Viper 5902 remote start alarm from buy.com. You can get a good alarm for right around $100. Certainly your car is worth that much.