In Car Entertainment & Security
By Sire
#11128 If I were you, I would buy a decent headunit (my personal experiences with pioneer are very good!) A good 4 channel amp, 10" woofer and a component set for the front doors (I can't tell you a brand for the woofer and the speakers because that's a matter of taste...).

And then listen to the difference! :o
By 5ive_on_the_floor
Sire wrote:If I were you, I would buy a decent headunit (my personal experiences with pioneer are very good!) A good 4 channel amp, 10" woofer and a component set for the front doors (I can't tell you a brand for the woofer and the speakers because that's a matter of taste...).

And then listen to the difference! :o

x2.

the thing IMO about audio is it's very subjective...one person's system may sound "off" to another person who listens to it...it's like food, it may taste right to me, but of you taste it you might want some salt or pepper or hot sauce on it :) you get my drift :D

Currently using a Pioneer 6850 with Targa separates and an ABC ported box with a 12" JBL GTO sub and a knockoff ALpine 4-channel powering the whole shebang. Loud and clear sound. Good for those impromptu outdoor drinking sessions when i pop the hatch and listen to some tunes. :thumb:

i ripped out my 6x9s from my hatch backboard, i find that i dont need them anymore. like a friend who's into audio once told me "dude if you're going to a concert, you're not going to turn around with your back to the performers on stage." :wink:
By sqsi
#15725 i ripped out my 6x9s from my hatch backboard, i find that i dont need them anymore. like a friend who's into audio once told me "dude if you're going to a concert, you're not going to turn around with your back to the performers on stage." :wink:[/quote]

Very true, I only run my rear speakers when sitting at car shows watching movies for 5.1 surround sound other than that they are off.
You are also correct about it being very subjective, I compete in sound quality competitions and each judge has different likes/dislikes and opinions
By asianrob
#15742 all i gots is my Panasonic Head unit MTX front components and some SonyExplodes on the 1/4's with no rear interior! haha decided not to put a system in this car yet lol
By 5ive_on_the_floor
sqsi wrote:i ripped out my 6x9s from my hatch backboard, i find that i dont need them anymore. like a friend who's into audio once told me "dude if you're going to a concert, you're not going to turn around with your back to the performers on stage." :wink:

Very true, I only run my rear speakers when sitting at car shows watching movies for 5.1 surround sound other than that they are off.
You are also correct about it being very subjective, I compete in sound quality competitions and each judge has different likes/dislikes and opinions[/quote]

:thumb: SQ competitions FTW!!!
them competitions are pretty hard...it all boils down to "you can't please everyone" philosophy in competitions. :cry:

I would suggest (to the threadstarter) the method that we advise our friends here in the PI... audition (or listen to) any friends with audio/video setups and then go from there. See what works for you, and of course budget also plays a great factor in choosing AV stuff. :)
By leesir2
#61684 here is mine,i went for sound quality over loudness, but ended up with both, it is unbelieveable, i have just changed my headunit to an eclipse unit, because they are the best for quality. I also dynamated the whole car, that is one effective product. If its good enough for chip foose then its good enough for me lol :D

here are my pics

bass controller

front doors

rear panels

rear sub enclosure

By sqsi
#61800 Looks good! :thumb:
By pierreconejos89
#62978 if you just want a simple set up, get an alpine head unit and speakers. It sounds very clean. Most of there speakers have at least one tweeter in them so they provide great highs and mids yet still giving you decent lows. I have an alpine head unit, two 6.5's alpines up front and two 6x9's alpines in my trunk cover. each speaker has a tweeter in them. It sounds amazing! and the best thing is, you can probably pick up a system like this for around $300. And its real easy to intall yourself.
By civic_man09
#64895 nice backseat...where did you find a backseat that folds down like that? ive noticed it in a couple of hatch's before but its not common...
By leesir2
#64934 thanks mate, i think that it is the standard interior in the japanese import cars and on late spec english vti's. :D
By JlaudioEGFreak
#70150 I just finally finished my system in my 92 eg hatch i will post pictures asap. but i put a premier 800 prs in the stock spot to run my system and in my jdm center console i installed a alpine w505 for movie entertainment as far as audio gear i did the focal k2p in the front and i made custom fiberglass pods in the rear to fit two jl audio vr 690s ran off the jl audio hd 150x4 which is totally cool small lightweight and really pushes alot of power as for bass i have one 12 jl audio w7 ran off the jl audio hd 750.1 everything is still breaking in but the system screams loud at the moment i hope to have some pictures up by the end of the week.