In Car Entertainment & Security
By SuperTuner12010
#114764 I was wondering if it is possible to use one of the climate control buttons as a kill switch. Im thinking maybe a starter kill, igntition or something of the sort. I want something very stealthy...

Thanks
By hatchie
#114775 yes you prolly could make it a kill switch but now that you posted it on the internet id be very careful cuz if someone was to look at this post that wanted your car ..... you just made it easier.

but otherwise you prolly could.... how ... idk sry.

good luck :thumb:
By chrono404
#114793 You can use the Climate Control As Kill Switches, The Buttons are just that Buttons. You can tap into the Wiring, Stickin in a relay and Use it as an Inigation Kill or whatever you wanted.

I wouldn't worry about posting what your security is. Its HIGHLY unlikely that Car thiefs in your area read Civic-Eg and this post.
All the kill switch will do is slow down a good thief, Have Multiple and its unlikely he will be successful in stealing your car.

http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com/ve ... index.html
This site has tons of good security Info. Check it out.
By hatchie
chrono404 wrote:You can use the Climate Control As Kill Switches, The Buttons are just that Buttons. You can tap into the Wiring, Stickin in a relay and Use it as an Inigation Kill or whatever you wanted.

I wouldn't worry about posting what your security is. Its HIGHLY unlikely that Car thiefs in your area read Civic-Eg and this post.
All the kill switch will do is slow down a good thief, Have Multiple and its unlikely he will be successful in stealing your car.

http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com/ve ... index.html
This site has tons of good security Info. Check it out.

true i just like to be cautious, but yes check that site out it helps a ton!
By Mayhem_Audio
#151225 ADDED NOTE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AC GET A CONTROL HEAD FOR A CAR WITH AC YOU WOULD THEN HAVE AN EXTRA UNUSED BUTTON
By teal_dx
#151236 even the non-ac cars still have the AC switch, it is behind the plastic cover where the AC button would be. You can pull the cover off 8)
The button isn't there but the switch can still be pushed in/out
:thumb:
By suspendedHatch
#152369 I can just anticipate the next question. "The AC button has 4 wires! Which ones do I use??"