In Car Entertainment & Security
By Sentry
#104201 I've been thinking about getting one. $250CAD, installs in an hour. Over 4 million units sold, not one vehicle stolen. Sounds like a good track record to me.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=ravelco

I don't really care too too much about what's in the car, as long as the car is there in the morning. Nothing's gonna stop someone smashing a window and taking some CDs or something. Just gotta be smart about hiding stuff. :hehe:
By blockustomz
#104202 they can still tow it.. the best thing is clutch stopers. kill switches, alarm and wheel boots,
By suspendedHatch
#104264 Nah that product is a rip-off. There are many threads in the audio/security/video forum at Honda-Tech covering it.

Ravelco claims they've not had one single theft, but this is a proven lie.

Tow truck thefts of any car as old as ours is so rare that it's not even worth mentioning. But if you have an Integra Type R you'll need to get a Viper 210C GPS tracking device or you will soon be the former of an Integra Type R.

And there's a couple of security DIY's on the site in my sig.
By Sentry
#104305 Thing is, though, I'm not looking at spending a grand and a weekend having my car in pieces installing the thing.

If at some point I decide to do a full stealth alarm install this would also supplement it.

I haven't spent a dime yet, but I'm pretty sold on the thing. I'm going to wait a week for more replies, etc. though.
By suspendedHatch
#104800 Well in that case you should know that a well-hidden kill switch is more effective, much easier to install, and much cheaper than the Ravelco. Ravelco is nothing more than a glorified kill switch hidden in plain sight.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2069021

How you made the leap from $300 to a grand is anyone's guess. I wish I could say that I've spent $3000 across my three current vehicles and another $3000 on my three previous vehicles. But I'm just not that balla.

My $300 figure is about what I would have paid for a Viper 350HV and a couple sensors, supplies, and tools if I didn't have the employee discount at the time.
By Sentry
#104847 Well then. :D

This is what I have. We're looking at about $271CAD shipped to my door. Which is pretty damn good. Also the alarm system is new, not a refurb.

Suggestions? Recommendations?
By Sentry
#124152 I bought all that junk today. Canadian dollar is up a bunch so it cost me about 245(cad) shipped. :thumb: