In Car Entertainment & Security
By hatchin06
#103442 -It is illegal for the driver to watch movies without the e-brake set. This how-to will show how you can watch movies while driving.
DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

First you need to unscrew 4 screws that are holding the panel you need to get behind.

After removing the 4 screws, it should be able to be pulled toward you, but be careful and not pull to hard as the cigarette lighter is connected. So disconnect it.

After disconnecting the cigarette lighter, move the bottom piece to the side. It should look like this now:

Next locate the pink wire that says brake on it. This is the wire that we are going to ground to make it possible to view movies and drive at the same time.

Now just grab some speaker wire and some wire connectors, strip the tip of the brake wire and the speaker wire and connect it with the wire connector.

Next, you can either make a ground or find a place that already has a ground. Luckily, when I removed my Sunpro tach I left the previous ground wire, so I stripped the tip of it and connected the remaining half of the speaker wire.

Now connect your cigarette lighter and screw in the 4 screws. Now you can watch movies while you drive. :thumb: Pm me if you have any questions.
Image enjoy :thumb:
By sqsi
#103498 Very bad idea, and you cant do this on all of them, each manufacturer has a different way to block this and some you cannot bypass at all.
By smokinsoljah420
#103502 bad idea unless you have little monsters lol! Good shit hatchin! :thumb:
By hatchin06
#103503 What is so bad about this idea?
By Mordiiax
#103505 Is it illegal in your country to sell headunits that can play movies while driving or what? Tell me more about the law!

I got a 7" wide touchscreen in my daily driver and it is great to have music videos and such playing on dvd while driving :D Here you can do whatever you want as long as you don´t crash or act like a drunk ;)

A bit dangerous of course...
By hatchin06
#103515 Honestly, I have no idea why its illegal? :? I guess they look at it as an obstruction while driving. I have heard of people getting tickets and what not, if the cop see's the "video" he can pull you over and give you a ticket.
By smokinsoljah420
#103516 its illegal here to lol! :lol:
By sqsi
#103518 If your watching a movie your not paying attention to the road. Don't you think that might be an issue?
By hatchin06
sqsi wrote:If your watching a movie your not paying attention to the road. Don't you think that might be an issue?

No :lol:
By asianrob
#103529 should get something like this man

oh and i can watch movies while i drive too! :thumb:
By hatchin06
#103530 My gf Acura Tl has that.
By D3CPTV
hatchin06 wrote:Honestly, I have no idea why its illegal? :? I guess they look at it as an obstruction while driving. I have heard of people getting tickets and what not, if the cop see's the "video" he can pull you over and give you a ticket.

Sorry dude but that sounds pretty stupid ae. You might as well try to drive and read the paper at the same time :thumbdown: Of all the ways to put other road users in danger this has to be one of the dumbest
By GoRide
#103621 we normaly just ran the wires to a switch.... but only cuz the car had no e-brake so we never used it lol..
By hatchin06
D3CPTV wrote:
hatchin06 wrote:Honestly, I have no idea why its illegal? :? I guess they look at it as an obstruction while driving. I have heard of people getting tickets and what not, if the cop see's the "video" he can pull you over and give you a ticket.

Sorry dude but that sounds pretty stupid ae. You might as well try to drive and read the paper at the same time :thumbdown: Of all the ways to put other road users in danger this has to be one of the dumbest

If there was something interesting in the paper I would read it and drive. Cmon you gotta be retarded if you can't honestly have a movie going and can't drive and pay attention :lol: Might as well do a diy on how to talk on the cell phone and see how many people think that's a bad idea.
By sqsi
#103629 Now I think your just trying to get a rise out of people. :thumbdown: