In Car Entertainment & Security
By -paul
#99628 As I was about to fit my Alpine stereo, I noticed that the connector from the car that connects to the stereo, had some wires cut. Take a look;

Those are the only connectors too, whether there should be more or not I don't know.

Now, I had to purchase the adapter for my stereo to be able to connect to the civic, I connected it to the one in the above pic, no power, it doesn't turn on or anything.

Now here's a couple of pics of the adapter I bought and two other connections that come from my stereo, one being the aerial but the other I don't know.

Should there be something else to connect to my stereo to one of those leads or should it just simply work by connecting the main adapter to the one from the car? I'm not too fussed about the aerial at this time, just want to get some sound in my car!

I don't know what to do about those wires that are cut, I'm also assuming that could be the reason as to why my stereo isn't working? (Duhh!?)

Thanks,
Paul
By teal_dx
#99632 Yep, just connect those 4 wires back into your plug and everything should be good. Figuring out which color goes where is going to be the challenging part... maybe someone one on here with their radio out can snap a pic?
By dawg316
#99697 page six will help you

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Honda/PDF/466017.pdf

its a .pdf file so you need adobe acrobat to open it. but you should have that installed on your comp

that guide is for 93-95 civics, IIRC on the previous years the colors of the wires were switched.

good luck[/url]
By -paul
#99913 Thanks guys!

Yeh that diagram is exactly what I need, appreciate it!

Hmm this should be interesting!
By suspendedHatch
#99973 The black plug is most likely an aux in or out, and that blue plug is Alpine's Ai-net used for a satellite radio or cd changer. You have the stereo manual, right?

I can't see them very well but those four wires look to be speaker wires. First find out why they disconnected them. Maybe those speakers are blown or the wiring is grounded. Test the resistance with a digital voltmeter (in pairs through each speaker and then to ground).

You're going to have to wire them around the plug connectors since the pins are gone. But using the diagram provided you should be able to match them up to the correct aftermarket wire colors.

I would cut them back a little bit, then extend them and simply tap into your aftermarket plug adapter wires. Then you will still be able to use it on another Honda/Acura if you ever need to.
By 95CivEg
#100986 I had the same problem wen installing my new deck, i found shitty wires so i

extended them and re-installed them into the harness but there was still a

kind of "short/skipping" sound goin on so i had to buy a new harness for the

car itself(very likely possibilty) and Hardwire it. After that everything is

perfect=P :thumb: