In Car Entertainment & Security
By chrono404
#95146 Never heard of them before, that's normally not a good sign, however I did a Google search.They look to be the O.G.'s of Japanese Radios. Making the first radios in Japan. thats pretty cool. some of the new Radios look awesome. look at the following for an example:

The AutoPC ran on WindowsCE and had a complete accessory line available to maximize your in-car computing experience. The unit had a built-in CD drive that could read both CDs and CD-Roms. The AutoPC offered GPS navigation with voice prompts, wireless capability via USB--when connected to compatible cellphones--and you could access most of the AutoPC's functions using your voice. You could even ask the AutoPC to tell you the time! Many add-ons were available, including a 6-disc USB CD-Rom changer. The single DIN unit featured a flash card slot, USB, infrared, 24-Bit Burr Brown D/A converters and tons of other cool features
- Source

Apprently not enough people that it was worth it I guess. Looking at there site today shows very generic looking cd players. Given they are from a Japanase company is a good thing. I mean Japanase Quality is why we all bought Hondas Right?

If you are looking at a Unit to buy I would recommend looking it over good. Find out what features it has. Does it have a Dedicated output for subs or does it split off the rear channels like walmart cheapo radios. Do you have RCA outports for your Regular speakers as well? RCA inputs? any inputs? Will it play MP3's off cd? dvd? Memory stick? USB Port?

The company looks to be somewhat solid, not many problems in my 2-5mins of searching online. However again I must repeat, I have never heard of them before this. None of my friends have one in there Cars.

Look closely at the Unit you are going to buy before you get one. If its a brand new cd player I would personally pass. If its a slightly older unit that has good features and its not expensive, then its probably worth getting. Cant be worse then buying a deck from Walmart that will die in a year or two will it?

EDIT: After talking my dad about the autopc, he said he remembered Clarion. "They have been around for ever, they made 8tracks" When I asked him if they where good or not "I don't know, they where kinda cheap."
so :? Like i said before, if you can get it for cheap why not.
By jmsplitfyre
#95170 The head units are fine, I'm just not sure about other stuffs..
'Coz one of my buddys bought a Clarion amp, then a week after it blew and it was only wired to 1 small sub.. :?
Or maybe it was just a bad one, just search for reviews..
By asianrob
#95363 clarion is pretty good. they have been around for a long time..
By pacmanlives
#95438 Clarion stuff is nice but I like Pioneer way more for head units
By boos-tit
#95501 i have some friends that are big in the sound comps and they swear by clarion heads. sounds amazing!
By suspendedHatch
#95535 Like many companies, their HIGH END stuff is good, their low to mid range stuff is crap.

For a good mid range brand I'd recommend Alpine or Pioneer. Eclipse is good quality, good power, good sound, but horrible looking interface IMO.
By asianrob
#95646 always loved alpine..... and always hated pioneer. but thats my opinion
By Yexus_eghatch
#147971 Yea clarion decks are good i have a flip screen made by clarion and it works really nice no problems with it. There easy to use i think.
By teal_dx
#147973 I had some clarion stuff in the mid-late 90's. A couple head units and an eq

the 920 EQ was the shit for its time
It had a brain and a separate face that you could mount wherever.

I looked for the cd player I had but couldn't find any that old...