In Car Entertainment & Security
By ohDirka
#88260 I have a single 12 in my trunk and I keep having to move it to the front of the truck. What do you audio guy recommend to keep this from happening? The sub is facing the cabin with the amp mounted on the back and a capacitor on the side.
By SOHCivegra
#88271 if you want to go cheap and easy. go to your local hobby shop and get industrial velcro tape. stick one side to the box and the other to your trunk. no screws needed. and as long as your not trying to go auto crossing with a sub in the back, it should be fine.
By BLACKS' COUPE
#88276 i had this problem all the time with my s-10 but what i did is go buy some L brackets with one opening on each end of the L and bought one large metal screw and one short one of course your going to have to drill the long ones into the truck bed itselft and the short ones to your box. I drilled the short ones first because its hard holding the drill sideways and still put enough force into the box (not really but made it easier) as well as it keep it save from thieves... so two thumbs up for this. :thumb: :thumb:

SOHCivegra
great idea if your not a crazy driver like i am.. :D but tried it, and after two weeks or so the back sticky part started to come of the back. (unsticking) and i almost got mugged..
By SOHCivegra
#88280 I wasn't sure how it would handle, but thought it would be an easy fix. I see where your coming from being that this would be in all sorts of climates.

When I first started getting into Audio, I did the same thing with the "L" brackets. I wasn't sure if he wanted to drill into his body. I agree this would work pretty much in anything.

Luckily I molded mine into my spare tire section of my hatch. So moving around wasn't and issue.
I no longer have it in there anymore, but thats neither here nor there now.
By sdots
#88312 I use a very highly tensioned short bungee cord, looped around the grill on the front of my sub and then connected with these hook like things that hook to the back of my boots wooden spare wheel cover, works great so far and even in corners fast, hasn't moved :D
By ohDirka
SOHCivegra wrote:if you want to go cheap and easy. go to your local hobby shop and get industrial velcro tape. stick one side to the box and the other to your trunk. no screws needed. and as long as your not trying to go auto crossing with a sub in the back, it should be fine.

My buddy mentioned that to me last night actually. This is most likely what I'm going to do seems hoe this is my Daily Driver and I dont want to drill holes into anything.